Reservist ICT question

redryder

Hi guys,

I ORDed in 95, went for ICT twice in year 2000 and 2001, then got posted out of my unit due to downgrading. Now kenna called up again for ICT in 2008, but I've lost my fullpack and boots due to moving house. Uniforms also don't fit due to getting fat. Anyone can advise what to do? Do I just turn up on the first day empty handed and buy everthing from the shop in camp? Or do I need to get the No.4 and nametags sewn up before the ICT starts? Do I need to sign 1206 for losing the fullpack and can you buy one or need to get from storeman?

Since your last ICT was in 2001, your eMart credits should be more than $200. Should be more than enough to buy what you need.

I think except for helmet and SBO, everything else can be bought at eMart using credits. For No.4 uniform, you can order online and have them sew on your name tag, rank and unit insignia. The new boots (Gortex) and new full pack are not bad, should get.

Try to find someone who has ORD'd and get the helmet/SBO from him. Spend money only if no choice.

Try not to turn up in civilian, unless you want to kena marked. Remember to cut hair and make sure handphone has no camera. Nowadays reservist pretty ON, especially if your encik is regular....

Try to find someone who has ORD'd and get the helmet/SBO from him. Spend money only if no choice.

u mean "ROD'd"? ;D

quite surprised one can actually lose the fullpack items...sure or not?  or u 'ebay' them after u were transfer out??!! ;D

Talking abt ICT...i am goin in soon also  :(

Actually I have seen ppl book in 1st day in civilian due to losing all their stuff....encik just ask them go e-mart to buy loh...nowadays dun think got see ppl sign 1206 liao..

Everything u need is avail in Beach Road lah..or use the e-mart and order online and get it delivered to you...make sure ur hair is short n not dyed or u will be forced to get another haircut/coloring in the camp chop chop style by the barbers..

I suggest you report in a little earlier since this is a new unit, make a good impression with the RSM, and usually they are kind and just send you off to the emart.

Some of my men have missed a large part of their reservist, and come with nothing, but my commanders will expect the man to be equipped within the next couple of days, long before any field excercise.

Even so if you can get your items sorted out before hand, thats better, as the uniforms and boots need some seasoning. And if the sizes don't fit, you can sort it out before the OC or PC sees you. No point being prominent in a negative way.

Cheers

Full Bag/Helmet/SBO - get from your brother or friends that already officially MR.

Uniform/Boots - Get from Emart.

else just act blur when 1st day reporting said you did not have those items when you ORD in 1995 as at that time still using manual record. they will likely to issue you another set.

Dun Forget to draw out ur rifle & BRING IT OUT OF CAMP ;D

If kena catch (like d young boy's case)...........

Dun b so goondoo like him.............

Juz say u r , in fact exposing d security lapse in the camp, thus helping the overall security of d SAF, 

d Country.......

Who knows, sekali, u suddenly become an overnite hero instead ;)

They will thank u instead man 8)

Hi guys,

I ORDed in 95, went for ICT twice in year 2000 and 2001, then got posted out of my unit due to downgrading. Now kenna called up again for ICT in 2008, but I've lost my fullpack and boots due to moving house. Uniforms also don't fit due to getting fat. Anyone can advise what to do? Do I just turn up on the first day empty handed and buy everthing from the shop in camp? Or do I need to get the No.4 and nametags sewn up before the ICT starts? Do I need to sign 1206 for losing the fullpack and can you buy one or need to get from storeman?

Since you had downgraded, you no need to worried about the helment first. The boots are available in emart for $120, fullpack around $30+ and uniform got to source from emart or beach road. just drop by any emart during office hours after 12 noon will be good enough. Check your credits in NS portal first.

I have the following to let go:

1. Helmet - Medium

2. Boots - size 42

3. Uniform - L

4. Full Pack

5. SBO

6. Cap

7. belt - green

I am a MR, don't need all this staff. ;D

PM me to deal. :)

Evevn though you already MR...you are not allowed to sell for monetary gains. These are property of SAF. You can pass the items which you no longer need to fellow bros going for their ICT though. Whichever case, please re-edit the post if I were you lest getting into trouble here.