Blu-Ray Player

hi... Just got my AVR-3808 now my next move will be the Blu-Ray player... but i read some article on the net saying that those Blu-Ray in the market now are all HDMI 1.2 version not the 1.3a version... some of the signal can't send out on 1.2  ... is this true?

There are some HDMI 1.2 and HDMI 1.3 players.

HDMI 1.3 specs provide support for sending HD audio bitstream over HDMI. HDMI 1.2 does not.

But today, NONE of the HDMI 1.3 players have this feature enabled. This could be enabled in a future firmware upgrade but there are rumours that the PS3's HDMI chipset (despite being HDMI 1.3 compliant) does not support bitstream, though this has not been confirmed.

hi... Just got my AVR-3808 now my next move will be the Blu-Ray player... but i read some article on the net saying that those Blu-Ray in the market now are all HDMI 1.2 version not the 1.3a version... some of the signal can't send out on 1.2  ... is this true?

Superman, get a PS3. Seriously a good blu ray/ dvd player. Great price. Freebird2003 mentioned he connected his PS3 with no problems. BTW where did u get ur 3808 and how was service (audition etc)?

Superman, get a PS3. Seriously a good blu ray/ dvd player. Great price. Freebird2003 mentioned he connected his PS3 with no problems. BTW where did u get ur 3808 and how was service (audition etc)?

but PS3 are still 1.2V.... waiting for the DENON BLU RAY.... is 1.3

got the AVR3808 at adelphi.... very good service... can even call the salesman for help even mid night.... ha ha...

but PS3 are still 1.2V.... waiting for the DENON BLU RAY.... is 1.3

got the AVR3808 at adelphi.... very good service... can even call the salesman for help even mid night.... ha ha...

Yep PS3 is 1.3. I find the DVD playback even better than my so called giant killer dedicated DVD player.

Wah which shop such good service...share leh.

Yep PS3 is 1.3. I find the DVD playback even better than my so called giant killer dedicated DVD player.

Wah which shop such good service...share leh.

i got it from Seng Heng, but i don't understand why alot of brother here don't like them... but i grade them 85/100 .... i also like the service from Tat Chuan, Norman Audio, Audio 88....

Sometime i was thinking... those people who give negative feedback are their competitors...  :)

Aiya, BD hardware profiles and hdmi's crazy standards is driving me up the wall. 1st we have PS3, spec says hdmi 1.3, bd profile unknown. So hdmi 1.3 spec can pass thru loseless bitstream like True HD and DTS-HD right? Wrong! The spec say can support but support is optional not mandatory. So PS3 with hdmi 1.3 is unable to pass loseless bitstream.

Nevermind PS3, now we have upcoming BD player with BD profile 1.1 and can do loseless bitstream streaming. Good news right? Wrong again!  You see BD profile 1.1 support PiP and advance java interactive content. This in turn means future BD title can be authored in Advance Mode to take advantage of profile 1.1. Guess what, content authored in Advance Mode CANNOT do loseless bitstream pass thru!  Wah lau.........................

i got it from Seng Heng, but i don't understand why alot of brother here don't like them... but i grade them 85/100 .... i also like the service from Tat Chuan, Norman Audio, Audio 88....

Sometime i was thinking... those people who give negative feedback are their competitors...  :)

I have been to those names.....still like KEC, but of course NOT all sales ppl at KEC  ;D  In fact, I will STAY FAR AWAY from Tat Chuan  ::)  Better not elaborate further, otherwise SUPERMAN think I am their competitor  :P  Actually I am just a SIMPLE, HUMBLE person who lives in HDB and just wish to get the most reasonsble price and be served by sincere sales person  :-*

I have been to those names.....still like KEC, but of course NOT all sales ppl at KEC  ;D  In fact, I will STAY FAR AWAY from Tat Chuan  ::)  Better not elaborate further, otherwise SUPERMAN think I am their competitor  :P  Actually I am just a SIMPLE, HUMBLE person who lives in HDB and just wish to get the most reasonsble price and be served by sincere sales person  :-*

haha,try the "ONE" opposite Tat Chuan @ Adelphi, called "KLA* A*dio", you will appreciate services rendered by all other shops, unless you are those Retiree with super cash-rich look :)

hello,

i am use the new 3808 and my main and only blu-ray player is ps3. i did not have any problems so far so good.

there process goes like this all the time.

when i switch on the power.

1st  on my plasma

2nd ps3

3rd 3808

ps3 showed up on screen with out any problems.

i would highly recommend for its price and built and quality. it is good. atm ps3 can't send dtshd and dolbythd via bitstream. 50-50 chances are it can be supported by a firmware update. but also atm the moment most blu-ray movies (good one also) are in pcm uncompress so ps3 is adequate enough.

Thanks

haha,try the "ONE" opposite Tat Chuan @ Adelphi, called "KLA* A*dio", you will appreciate services rendered by all other shops, unless you are those Retiree with super cash-rich look :)

I declare 1st..I'm just an ordinary consumer. Not  any kind of competitor to any shops mentioned here.

I can fill in the blanks..but better not lah.  :-X I share the same experience as you.