Any feedback/review on Palladin Full HD 42' LCD TV?

I saw Palladine is having promotion at Comex, 42' LCD TV (EPT4250M) with Full HD (1920 x 1080) @ $1999 + free 15' LCD Monitor worth $299.  If dont want the free gift, can discount upfront another $200, ie. $1799.  Wow! One of the best price on Full HD TV so far...didnt see any demo for the screen and wondering if any bro is owning it and can share some review/comment? 

Some spec :

3000:1 Dynamic Constrast

PIP, 2xHDMI inputs, DVB-T Digital Tuner

2 years warranty

According to the sameman, it is using Samsung LCD panel and assembly in Spore...thought I read someone said that Palladine is using LG panel instead? hmmm....btw, they are having 47' Full HD at $2888 only, also free the same LCD monitor.

:)

Cheers!

if you do not have a 1080p source that require almost no pre-processing, i think it's a good buy, otherwise, be ready to suffer from the "louya SD" syndrome..... lol!

processing chip plays an important part brother....

Hi! Bro,

Thks for your feedback.  Sorry to say that, I am not really technically inclined on this thingy...can I ask what you mean by processing chip built in the LCD? How does it affect the video quality if we have 1080p source? 

this is becos I am going to connect to PS3 for playing DVD & Blue Ray to watch TV...and of cos, occasionally, playing PS3 game also...hehehe....many tks for your advice :)

cheers!

Hi! Bro,

Thks for your feedback.  Sorry to say that, I am not really technically inclined on this thingy...can I ask what you mean by processing chip built in the LCD? How does it affect the video quality if we have 1080p source? 

All LCDTVs need some form of processing if the signal source does not match the native resolution.

Example: this Palladin is 1920x1080

Normal SD material is abt 848x480i (for NTSC) etc

You would need 2 forms of processing:

a. deinterlacing to 480p

b. upscaling to 1080p

Most cheap LCDTVs don't do a good job of this and tend to look bad on material like SCV

If you have a good upscaling DVD player, you can test out the difference by outputting NTSC and then upscale to 1080i/p

I find that most LCDTVs do a decent job of upscaling 720p/1080i to 720p or 1080p native resolutions. So if you use SCV's HD box, it shd look better than if you use SCV's normal SD set top box. If you feed it with 1080p signal even better.

All LCDTVs need some form of processing if the signal source does not match the native resolution.

Example: this Palladin is 1920x1080

Normal SD material is abt 848x480i (for NTSC) etc

You would need 2 forms of processing:

a. deinterlacing to 480p

b. upscaling to 1080p

Most cheap LCDTVs don't do a good job of this and tend to look bad on material like SCV

If you have a good upscaling DVD player, you can test out the difference by outputting NTSC and then upscale to 1080i/p

I find that most LCDTVs do a decent job of upscaling 720p/1080i to 720p or 1080p native resolutions. So if you use SCV's HD box, it shd look better than if you use SCV's normal SD set top box. If you feed it with 1080p signal even better.

Hi! Bro, Thks alot for your easy understanding advice...I have a better idea on how this resolution work in HD now...in summary, if say PS3 output 1080p source to the LCD TV, but the TV does not have good processing chip built in to process the signal, the output of video quality shown on the TV is still not on par with other real HDTV with good built-in processing chip....hopefully, my understanding is correct. :)

Cheers!

Hi!in summary, if say PS3 output 1080p source to the LCD TV, but the TV does not have good processing chip built in to process the signal, the output of video quality shown on the TV is still not on par with other real HDTV with good built-in processing chip....hopefully, my understanding is correct. :)

Cheers!

No, if PS3 output 1080p, your TV will not need to process the signal anymore, it will just merely outputing, in other words, it will bypass the processing in TV. If ps3 outputing at 480i like doggie specify, then "TV does not have good processing chip built in to process the signal, the output of video quality shown on the TV is still not on par with other real HDTV with good built-in processing chip" is correct.

Fook Lai

No, if PS3 output 1080p, your TV will not need to process the signal anymore, it will just merely outputing, in other words, it will bypass the processing in TV. If ps3 outputing at 480i like doggie specify, then "TV does not have good processing chip built in to process the signal, the output of video quality shown on the TV is still not on par with other real HDTV with good built-in processing chip" is correct.

Fook Lai

Yo bro, thks for your clarification, I am much clearer now...I believe one more point we need to take note also, other than the source player (eg. PS3) and TV (be it processing chip & Full HD Panel), the software format also play an important role to ensure we enjoy full HD output picture ya, hope my understanding is correct this fime,haha.... Cheers! :)