amazon.com buy 3 get 1 free (hd-dvd/bd)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an implicit discount.

I have tried and confirm it works for specific HD-DVD orders.. free 3rd HD-DVD on top of early-adopter 10% discount. No time to try Blu-ray yet..

Unfortunately Wild Hogs does not qualify although it was indicated in the list.  In addition, it seems that you have to seperate HD-DVD and BD orders as it won't work for mixed format orders.

Hmm.. it does work for my order of HD-DVDs together with non-discounted Blu-rays.

My Update: Blue

Thanks a lot yulee. Do you have the link for HD-DVD as well?

Updatet: Just found the link. http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_5382112_3/102-4672241-0820959?ie=UTF8&docId=1000124611&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=top-2&pf_rd_r=0TQ0TFBQK8BG4SD2A212&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=305538901&pf_rd_i=master%20and%20commander

How did you guys get this kind of promotional info. I tried to do a search in Amazon but no such results. I've even called up Amazon customer service and the service staff was unable to find any info in regards to this promotion.  ???

Is there some kind of weblink in the main Amazon website where I should click through?

Update: For those who also have the same question, I just found out:

1) You have to select "DVD" under the Search field.

2) Search for any DVD title.

3) The banner on top of the search results, will show current DVD promotions.

4) You may also click "News & Future Releases" above the search field. Then scroll down and  look at the left side of the page. You'll see "Blu-Ray store" and "HD-DVD store"

Yep the 3 will be shipped direct from Amazon, the 5 will come from Buena Vista. Some have received theirs, some have not. My own ones have not arrived. I bought the PS3 and qualified for the 5 free movies, Amazon on its side gave one sony BD remote for free with another bluray. Now they're giving 3 bluray movies with the 5 free ones!

But this is the best time to get it a PS3 and bluray movies already.

I just ordered 2 titles on 28-Aug early morning. $%#  >:(

Now trying my luck. Sending email to them to request for my free Blu-Ray.

I was lucky...manage to get Amazon customer service to add a 3rd title to my previous order of 2 Blu-Ray movies in order to enjoy the promotion.

I didn't expect the promotion to end so soon. Think the response is very good, thats why they ended early. Also lucky I saw this thread, otherwise I would have blur blur order just 2 titles.

I stayed up till 3+ last night to order... but didnt manage to combine some of the orders so ended up with quite high per unit shipping charges...

I realised that if all the items in your newly-made-order are in stock and ready to ship, then it is not possible to combine the newly-made-order with an existing order. There's always some kind of error during processing. I guess it must be that Amazon is too efficient and processed the newly-made-order immediately. What I do then is to cancel the existing order and make a whole new order altogether if it helps me save on shipping.