IGNORED

Mandarin or Cantonese CDs that you've enjoyed

ysl

looking at around the 1980s, singers like Fei Yi Ching, Jacky Cheung, etc etc ...that sings well and well written songs. NOT those teeny hopers type.... please

or more recent ones that you've enjoyed.. really got no names to give some idea but every now and then i hear those really moving songs...shiok ones

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pan Mei Chen.....the boyish female Taiwanese singer...still listen to her CDs even today !...Great sorrowful song of all times !

hmmm... "great sorrowful songs" sounds good . Thanks

any1 has idea where to buy the zhang qin fang greatest hit album,,,it was a double cassette when first released in the early 90s...the cd version cost almost 50 couple of years ago !!!...but since then had seemed to disappeared from the stores.

Samuel Hui, his soundtracks from the Hui Brothers movies, all his cover of rock & roll music to cantonese music all the way to the early 80's, after that... they are bland. For canto-pop, Sam's the man!.

Roman Tam, Wynners, Adam Cheng..

A bit of mandarin, I would say, some of the Taiwanese movie soundtracks from the sugarly love stories by Li Ching etc..

especially one soundtrack album, "Wan Si Gi nern way way"..

This is one Cd from Andy Lau I like...

But frankly, Jacky Cheung is still my Fav...then faye wong too..especially their old hits last time..nowadays their singing style changes alot.

Any brothers here know anywhere to buy Chinese Cd online with the best price??Anyone buy audio cd online b4?I would like to buy a copy of this andy lau cd..just could not find it anywhere in stores anymore.

big thank you everyone, now i have some leads to go have a listen to.

the only one that i think worth a mention here wold be chai qin ming ker - oldies, good recording ( one of the very best ) and superd voice.

Guest duckling

I would highly recommend the Feng Fei Fei JVC K2 laser cut Chinese songs compilations (total 2 volumes), nice songs and recordings.

I find that JVC K2 recordings are pretty bad sounding...or it's my setup (previous Rega setup)? ???

Any comments?

I would highly recommend the Feng Fei Fei JVC K2 laser cut Chinese songs compilations (total 2 volumes), nice songs and recordings.

I find that JVC K2 recordings are pretty bad sounding...or it's my setup (previous Rega setup)? ???

Any comments?

Similar experience with me........i also find many of the K2 so-called audiophile voicing series of CD to sound real bad and highly distorted. I think its probably due to the source as some of the songs actually do sound good BUT those which sound bad ARE really terrible to my ears. The recordings are also pretty loud and not refined IMHO.

Guest duckling

Similar experience with me........i also find many of the K2 so-called audiophile voicing series of CD to sound real bad and highly distorted. I think its probably due to the source as some of the songs actually do sound good BUT those which sound bad ARE really terrible to my ears. The recordings are also pretty loud and not refined IMHO.

My previous Rega Setup couldn't play Teresa Teng well...played the XRCD2, sound slow and lack of details. But the same XRCD2 sound sweet on my current Denon setup - too bad I spoil it (last track) while applying Auric Illuminator. :'(

Just my personal findings.

cracker and slang,

there is this cd shop at the 2nd floor of shaw tower, beach road. it is near the escalator tt leads to the food court. i hv not been in before but from the outside, i can see some 80's CDs. Some of them looks like they are from the 70s - 80s. and the owner seemed to be some collector himself. U may be able to find some hard to get CDs there. There is a hifi shop and the same level - music link.

i've a greatest hits cd by Sam Hui.

really like the retro touch to it; btw it's in Cantonese.

freakshow,

i saw one tt says something like a ten-year collection. The cover basically has Sam Hui's face on it and not much else. Is this the one ? Or please give give description of the CD.. thanks ! :)

Guest duckling

It is repairable. Use alcohol.

My previous Rega Setup couldn't play Teresa Teng well...played the XRCD2, sound slow and lack of details. But the same XRCD2 sound sweet on my current Denon setup - too bad I spoil it (last track) while applying Auric Illuminator. :'(

Just my personal findings.

Err alcohol...I bet I can find them in DIY shop right? What is the exact name? Can't be using my bottle of XO right? ;D

Sorry as I am pretty dumb on repairing.