IGNORED

Audio initiation for newbies and oldies alike

Guest silklee

Naim Nait 2 + Epos ES14 is a good combination since neither is high definition but both are musical. It is often the case that the "higher" one goes, the more flaws one will find. High end systems are like microscopes.

Guest heeyeng

Wow... took me ~2 hours to finish reading it (but thankfully in the expence of office hour :P ).

Silk, thanks for the link. It has really give many good insights, every so called 'audiophile' here, should read it.

To some extent Silk, what was mentioned there is actually something I felt all the while since starting to play with hifi... Racing to achieve pure musical enjoyment... but where is the emotional attachment... get out of those silly funny 'sound' analysis! That's why I choose to sell away all my gears after half a year of playing. Now I'm living happily with a lower cost system which actually giving me more musical enjoyment (no I'm not fooling myself).

So many people have gone off track, so many prestige audio brand out there that successfully only in impressing by it's price and not the sound. Kind of sad isn't it...

Careful too long read already become blur. Sometimes long stories can hypnotise people one! ;D

If you don't concerned too much about how it sound, then you shouldn't play this hifi game, unless it's use to 'hiow hiow' to friends lah.

my 2 rupiah ;D ;D

Great article. Read it with the gist being: Listen to the music, not the hi-fi.

But just to point out, the test between the analog and digital systems with the human subjects is still inaccurate. Definately the digital system is not even tuned properly. Besides, they are sharing the same speakers between the analog and digital system. The shared speaker config would favour one system over the other either way.

But as quoted from a thread in echoloft"

If you are really in for the 'MUSIC' all this shouldn't matter anyway. If you are in for 'HIFI', maybe people should devote their passion in learining the ropes for true hobby of diy tuning, building and modification. Instead of trying to keep pouring into a bottom less pot with all your hard earned money......

By the way, opinion above was a rough translation of an article that made me nod my head...."