IGNORED

Panasonic - TX34P150X vs TX34P300X

I notice something interesting when I went down to BEST yesterday. The Panasonic TX34P300X is cheaper than TX34P150X ($2499 vs $2699). The 300X is a newer model which was selling at $2999 just a month or so back. So why is the price the 300X cheaper?? ???

Did somebody at Panasonic marketting screw up big time? I saw from the SAFE website that they are selling at the same price too.

I have to say that the 300X at $2499 is tempting. Throw in all those freebies and the zero installment plan and I'm nearly committed. :P

But still bidding my time to check out the other models. Big investment/purchase so must consider carefully.

Guest meatball

It's the other way round, TX34P150X is newer than TX34P300X. The 300X has been around for at least 2 years.

My guess is TX-34P700X will debut soon. :)

Guest meatball

If the 150X is a newer model, why does the features seems worse? I'm really confused now!! Or is the 150X suppose to be a 'watered-down' version ?

I think 150X is to cater to those who do not need the surround sound feature and the speakers system offered in the 300X.

You may find a good guess on the availability of new TVs from this site:

http://www.safety.org.sg/register/search&listing.php?reg_no=etv

If the 150X is a newer model, why does the features seems worse? I'm really confused now!! Or is the 150X suppose to be a 'watered-down' version ?

The 300X TV has built-in DD/DTS decoders, optical & Co-axial digital audio inputs and external front and rear speakers. The 150X TV does not have these features.

Actually, I find it quite strange that a higher spec model is being sold at a significantly lower price than a lower spec one. Harvey Norman is also selling the 300 series at $200 less than the 150 series. From my observation, the picture quality of the 300 series is visibly better than that of the 150 series too because of lesser artifacts.

It's the other way round, TX34P150X is newer than TX34P300X. The 300X has been around for at least 2 years.

My guess is TX-34P700X will debut soon. :)

You are right ! The TX-34P700X is selling at $3,299 retail. The difference between this and the 300 series version is that it has Diagonal Jaggy Elimination, DD/DTS/Dolby Pro Logic-II surround decoder and Tool-Bar Universal Remote Control (whatever that means !)