IGNORED

Where to buy sand to fill speaker stand?

iuhne

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I know where could I buy good quality sand to fill speaker stand?

Thanks!

Sorry can't help you with where to buy but I know how to get sand free ;)

Go to some of those children playground with sand pits for the kids to play , they have very white and fine sand there. If I need sand one of these days I'll bring my kid to play there and bring home a small pail sand ;D

Btw don't get greedy take what you only need and remember to wash and dry the sand ;D

Budget: Go to aquarium shop. I buy all my sand there. Just remember to find the dryest sand among those packets. Or buy lotsa fishing weights and pop them in.

Feeling rich: Go to Electrades.

Go to some of those children playground with sand pits for the kids to play , they have very white and fine sand there. If I need sand one of these days I'll bring my kid to play there and bring home a small pail sand ;D

Btw don't get greedy take what you only need and remember to wash and dry the sand ;D

I thot i ever saw kids pissing on the playground sand. Don say i never warn u! ;D

Budget: Go to aquarium shop. I buy all my sand there. Just remember to find the dryest sand among those packets. Or buy lotsa fishing weights and pop them in.

Feeling rich: Go to Electrades.

I don think the sand at Electrades that ex, if i can remember i bought 2 packets at $7 each, can fill my nexus 6 stands 3qtr and plenty leftover. :)

Actually I meant feeling rich as in going to electrade and start feeling itchy upon seeing all those sexy hi-fi...heheheh....then start upgrad-itis again....hehehehehehe ;D ;D

If there are cats around the playground, BEWARE!!! They do more than romp. There is probably more fertiliser in the sand to grow jagung!

If you want cheap, not free, sand, go to a natural beach. Grab two pails full, wash them like crazy a few times to get rid of the salt and other rotting stuff, dry in the oven and you have it.

Dogs, cats, fertilisers....... I won't be surprised if used condoms float up while you wash the sand in your pail. :o :o :o

So either way, still have to wash and dry before use. ;D

[

I don think the sand at Electrades that ex, if i can remember i bought 2 packets at $7 each, can fill my nexus 6 stands 3qtr and plenty leftover. :)

how did u fill up the nexus....open up from the top or bottom??thanks

If there are cats around the playground, BEWARE!!! They do more than romp. There is probably more fertiliser in the sand to grow jagung!

If you want cheap, not free, sand, go to a natural beach. Grab two pails full, wash them like crazy a few times to get rid of the salt and other rotting stuff, dry in the oven and you have it.

Use microwave/conventional oven to bake the sand at high temperature surely can kill most of the germ and make the sand really dry too.

Has anyone EVER changes the sand in his stand? ???

I did....

Have used Electrades sand, playground sand, granite chips, blackstone chips, Atabites & Audio Chips...

Hello Fowler

Any sonic differences among those u used? What u recomend? Thought of buying atabites or lead shot to make my Nexus stands heavier. But both not cheap leh.. :-\

Actually you dun have to fill up the stand with sand. Half fill will do. Otherwise, it will be too heavy.

If you use play ground sand it may be contaminated even after you wash. Corrosion may eat into your expensive stand.

For peace of mind, use those e.g.Electrades since it you don;t have to fill the entire stand.