IGNORED

How abt a Rack 4 me Recommendation Boys!!!

Maserluv

They took approximately 2 years it seems. The current FRAIM is actually a partial rip-off from a rack by a naimie called the xcalibre. The concept of contrained ball-bearings under glass shelves was by the same guy. Apparently it was a DIY project which yielded very good results, so much so that naim took notice of it (part of the reason was because there were not too many people in the old delphi forum back then). That explains why it is the only rack out there that uses ball bearings in triangular shaped cups as the interface device.

They took approximately 2 years it seems. The current FRAIM is actually a partial rip-off from a rack by a naimie called the xcalibre. The concept of contrained ball-bearings under glass shelves was by the same guy. Apparently it was a DIY project which yielded very good results, so much so that naim took notice of it (part of the reason was because there were not too many people in the old delphi forum back then). That explains why it is the only rack out there that uses ball bearings in triangular shaped cups as the interface device.

Thanks naut for the added info. Just curious, do Naim have their own manufacturing place (i.e. places that make their own glass shelves, ball barings etc.) or is it an assembly plant for their hifi racks?

My current is given by one of the good old guy for FREE!!! it serve me well but its only 2 tier.

I need an extra tier for the current 2 tier, but i couldnt find the 'Classic Hifi Rack' tier

OR

A New Rack :(

maserluv,

hmmm...is it those black-in-colour modular rack with 3 legs, with MDF shelves?

I bought this black modular 4-tier rack @ Courts and I have been using 3 tiers only (1 tier for my CD player, 2 tiers for my integrated amp).

If it's the same type of rack, I can lend it to you my 'extra' tier for the time being.

Got a close-up pic of your rack?

TOOL,

Nope, naim does not make their racks in-house. They've an external source for their racks. Anyway, there aren't many rack manufacturers who make their racks in house. Most of the time, they'll just subcontract it out to some furniture maker who is willing to make a rack according to their specifications. It is simply not profitable to buy machinery just to manufacture racks.

Maserluv,

If possible, try to look out for BASE racks. They work incredibly well with naim and was the old reference for naim. Julian used them when he was alive. I find the sound of the BASE just right, not like mana which imparts a high frequency bump to the sound.

TOOL,

Me too young to be shifu. ::) Cannot lar, it'll put me in the league of the ahpeh wearing shorts in kopi tiam. :P

The base racks are all black, no wood, very solidly built with shelves decoupled with some sort of a slight squishy material interface. The shelves were available seperately from the racks so that you can use the shelves under the equipment first and then buy the rack if you decide to "upgrade". The rubber feet(not the interface material) must be taken out for use with equipment with built in damping such as the cds2 and 52.