IGNORED

ae100 and demo

peng

I need to convince my wife to get projector (thus the demo) and I have shortlisted the shops below for AE100. Does this shops also sell 100" da-Lite screens?

Kec (can use DBS financing scheme and test-run?)

Grandvision

Pave in Katong SC

If approves:

1. I need to sell off my existing RPTV.

2. used an old 29" tv (non-PS) for normal broadcasts.

3. Is progressive-scan DVDP and VGA output a must for AE100? If got extra money, I will get a new DVDP(with vga output).

4. anyone tried home-trial from KEC of Ae100 before?

5. Any more shops to recommend?

6. Has the projector-setup faq been removed?

This projector will only be used for dvd playback.

If eveything ok, earliest I can get it is Feb or Mar03.

thanks in advance..

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest joamonte

why still AE100??......

there r Sony HS-10,Panny AE200/AE300 and Sanyo SW-Z1 on the way.....

(BTW not very reccomend the SWZ1,Sanyo service centre in Singapore are really lousy and FxxK up! I just experience last week....not to mention their high service charge if ur PJ got anything wrong in 2nd year~~charge u $154.50 labour without asking ur aprove!!......)

Actually, the AE100 represents value for money and excellent price-performance ratio.

For less than S$3k, only AE100 and the sony HS2 are 16:9 pjs worth considering. Also worth considering is Benq's 4:3 pj, 703s.

The strongest draw of the ae100 over other brands is lamp life. Imagine, 5000hrs compared to 2000hrs for other brands. In the long run, ae100 is cheaper to run.; considering one lamp is about $600+.

Peng.. if your timeline is next year Feb or March.. There is a remote chance that the AE-200 might be out by then.

Hi jeff, thanks for the tip.

Me totally new to projectors, on top of that, must psycho wifey ;D

And my hts setup is only 1 year plus.. bla bla bla.

phew, not easy, man.

I agree with jeff. Your timeline puts yourself squarely in the local launch period of AE200.

By that time, there will be several other HT pjs in the market for the budget user. Namely sony, sanyo

I will also get my AE100 around next year when my apt is ready. Since AE200 will probably be more ex. think ae100 will suffice for now ....

btw i was thinking of converting one of the rooms to a HT room ..... but length of room is only around 3m, is that enough for a projector to project 100 inch image ?

and pls recommend shops that can demo projectors cos strangely the big electronic stores like BEst Denki or Hrvey Norman don carry projectors .....

i only know of one in IMM and KEC in Adelphi.

Guest duckling

btw i was thinking of converting one of the rooms to a HT room ..... but length of room is only around 3m, is that enough for a projector to project 100 inch image ?

Yes, it's possible to get 100" at 3 meter (distance from PJ to screen) but it could be too big for comfort. I am sitting abt 3.5 meters away from the screen and max screen size for me is 85"

ps: screen sizes mentioned are 16:9 Widescreen.

wira.. if the AE-200 does indeed make its appearance. I doubt you will even be able to find the AE-100 at all as the AE-200 is meant to be a direct replacement for the latter. Price wise, there should not be too much of a diff if prices at PriceJapan are to be used as an indication.

wira.. if the AE-200 does indeed make its appearance. I doubt you will even be able to find the AE-100 at all as the AE-200 is meant to be a direct replacement for the latter. Price wise, there should not be too much of a diff if prices at PriceJapan are to be used as an indication.

if price of Ae200 is similar to the ae100, then its definitely better to get the ae100

Er.. why do u still want the AE-100 if the price is similar to the AE-200. ???

oops sorry typo error ... i meant better to get ae200 ...

wats the diff actually ? contrast ratio ?

ae200 is still also 700 lumens with 5000 lamp life ?

I guess the AE-200 would have at least fixed most of the hardware problems that plaqued the AE-100. The specs did suggest a tad better contrast ratio but one have to be mindful that all the AE-100 now available are probably left-over stock since Panasonic Japan has more than likely already stopped producing it and diverted their resources to the AE-200 and AE-300. Hence, by the time u get your unit, it may have already been sitting in the warehouse for a few months already.

Yup.. do a search to see my setup with a loaner 92" Stewart Firehawk screen.

wah ...was just searching for your post of your setup ...

and noticed that you had a projector theatre setup, a 50" widescreen RPTV, 32" widescreen RPTV, Sony 14" TV and a HTPC ....

Hi peng,

I am also very interested in buying a projector. Can I join you for the demo and we can buy together? I am a novice in terms of HT.

Thanks!

Hi Wira, if u dun mind, we can go demo together.

whether Ae100,200,300 or 400 ;D

Between, can anybody confirm PAVE is in Katong or Bedok North? Can it be 2 branches?