IGNORED

The Touch..... groan......

Luckily I never bought the DVD. I rented it. My goodness, the show's unbelievably lame! Ok, sorry for the exaggeration, the show's lame only in the last half-hour, 'cos of the amateurish special effects.

To sum it up, to me, the show's like a Indiana Jones wannabe, only the storyline's much slower, more fist-fights and the protagonist's a lady.

Rent it if you must, don't have to buy the dvd.

Luckily I never bought the DVD. I rented it. My goodness, the show's unbelievably lame! Ok, sorry for the exaggeration, the show's lame only in the last half-hour, 'cos of the amateurish special effects.

To sum it up, to me, the show's like a Indiana Jones wannabe, only the storyline's much slower, more fist-fights and the protagonist's a lady.

Rent it if you must, don't have to buy the dvd.

i watched it in cinema. i have to agree this show is not that good.

Totally agree. The last section was ridiculous and illogical. All of them would have been char-broiled inside the cave with a sea of fire under them. No need to drop into the flames to die at all. And the special effects are sooo tacky and amateurish too. ;D

I hear this film is being nominated for the Best Foreign Film Award for the Oscars. There must have been a dearth of good foreign films produced this year ! :o

I hear this film is being nominated for the Best Foreign Film Award for the Oscars. There must have been a dearth of good foreign films produced this year ! :o

Huh??!!! What??!!! This show is really crap and is nominated ??? ??? ???

I recall reading in the papers that Michelle Yeoh was furious when she saw Pirated VCDs of her movie, and wanted to take legal action against those Pasar Malam stalls in KL.

From what you guys say, looks like the stalls would now have to give away the VCDs free to any takers.

HK is nominating this film as its entry to the Oscars. Come to think of it, there really isn't much nice HK movie this year and this show is supposedly a big budget movie starring international star Michelle Yeoh and the cameraman or something from that dragon tiger movie ;D

Frankly, the show isn't really that bad lar. I fact i think that the first 1 hr is rather decent. Just that the special effect at the last 30 mins is lousy, looks like some kid did it on his PC, and that the pace throughout is sometimes a bit slow. Just your average action movie.

Peter Pau is the D/P (that's Director of Photography a.k.a Cinematographer) for "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon".

Was wondering why HK didn't submit a film like the art house "July Rhapsody" instead of "The Touch"? Are they still trying to ride on the CTHD kung-fu wave?