IGNORED

Christina Aguilera Stripped!

Guest Jerry

Just grabbed the last copy from Music Warehouse. Haven't listen to the CD yet but the sleeve jacket sure looks cool... :o

Here's a brief review from Amazon:

Underneath all Christine Aguilera's coy affectations and vocal gymnastics lurks a rare talent. With her second album, Aguilera allows it to flower by abandoning all pretense at courting the teenage market. Stripped is a seemingly effortless move into weightier adult territory. Using her extraordinary voice as a much subtler instrument, Aguilera sings movingly and with grit and anger about the disintegration of a relationship; she's ultimately stronger for the pain. But that's not her whole agenda. Aguilera also extols the power of women on "Can't Hold Us Down," which features Lil' Kim. Other guests include Dave Navarro, Redman, and Alicia Keys. Aguilera cowrote most of the songs on the disc and produced one cut. She also partnered with former 4 Non Blondes leader and Pink collaborator Linda Perry on four songs, which gives Aguilera a rock edge that she has never before displayed. --Jaan Uhelszki

Track List

1. Stripped Pt. 1

2. Can't Hold Us Down (feat. Lil' Kim)

3. Walk Away

4. Fighter

5. Infatuation (interlude)

6. Infatuation

7. Loving Me For Me (interlude)

8. Loving Me For Me

9. Impossible

10. Underappreciated

11. Beautiful

12. Make Over

13. Cruz

14. Soar

15. Get Mine, Get Yours

16. Dirrty

17. Stripped Pt. 2

18. A Voice Within

19. I'm OK

20. Singing My Song

Just scanned thru the whole CD. Great songs, cool beats and imressive singing from the Genie In The Bottle. This is sure to become a hit record.

Guys, aside from her physical assets, or lack of it, this album is pretty good - her vocals are immensely powerful and the harder, edgier sound of this new album makes Britney Spears' music like teenage bubblegum pop, as it always have been. Stripped is highly recommended. Christina has beaten Britney to a pulp in terms as to who is a better singer.

Guys, aside from her physical assets, or lack of it, this album is pretty good - her vocals are immensely powerful and the harder, edgier sound of this new album makes Britney Spears' music like teenage bubblegum pop, as it always have been. Stripped is highly recommended. Christina has beaten Britney to a pulp in terms as to who is a better singer.

Britney is a has been, a past fad. I think Christina is more successful in terms of evolving as a mature singer.

Britney is a has been, a past fad. I think Christina is more successful in terms of evolving as a mature singer.

Christina's choice of clothes leaves much to be desired, if anybody thinks that Britney's is already terrible. Vocally, she is stronger than Britney. But where dancing is concerned, Britney is still the best compared to recent singers like JLo, Shakira, etc.

Madonna was considered a has-been during her sex book/erotica era. But she has bounced back in the recent years with a new image and type of sound. Kylie, considered to be the result of SAW bubblegum pop, has evolved into a pop princess.

There is never good or bad music. As long as it is appreciated by somebody, the music has successfully conveyed what it wanted.

Christina's choice of clothes leaves much to be desired, if anybody thinks that Britney's is already terrible. Vocally, she is stronger than Britney. But where dancing is concerned, Britney is still the best compared to recent singers like JLo, Shakira, etc.

Madonna was considered a has-been during her sex book/erotica era. But she has bounced back in the recent years with a new image and type of sound. Kylie, considered to be the result of SAW bubblegum pop, has evolved into a pop princess.

There is never good or bad music. As long as it is appreciated by somebody, the music has successfully conveyed what it wanted.

Well, if u compare Britney's latest album with Christina's, I still think Christina has a slight edge over Britney. I am never a fan of these 2 singers but Christina's latest album is real good.

Agree Christina can be a R&B success. The power and reach of her voice are comparable to Anastacia and Mary J Blige, and she's still young. Britney's formulaic pop is beginning to tire, IMO. who's the better singer. You be the judge. quite clear to me.

Agree Christina can be a R&B success. The power and reach of her voice are comparable to Anastacia and Mary J Blige, and she's still young. Britney's formulaic pop is beginning to tire, IMO. who's the better singer. You be the judge. quite clear to me.

I agree with u. Christina's singing has matured since her previous album and instead of pursuing a teeny pop path, she chosed a more mature and R&B route. Good for her! As for Britney, let's see how she tries to reinvent herself before she slips to oblivion.