IGNORED

Anyone went to AV Exhibition?

Chowbotak

Up to day of exhibition, they don give a clue to who is participating so didnt go >:(

The one at Meridian looks better, lots of brands represented

Anyone who went to the Swisshotel one care to share yr experience?

Haven't a clue still who was exhibiting even after leaving the show. Caught only two names, Merdeka and the other Roxy disc... Was only impressed by some American brand called M&K... other than that, the rest of the exhibits, I do not remember :-\

In short, it's boring, honestly, same organizers and same people, next time around, I will stay home and relax!. 8)

Their Goldmund/ Sonus set up at last year's show at Suntec was the most impressive.

But the soundstage was so, so low - almost at the floor level!!

nonetheless I had lots of fun with the Goldmund stuff as I was all alone in the room for about 30 minutes, so I operate the CD player myself....

didn't go to any this year. maybe giving the ACE a miss too.

Guest supremo

yeah man, i actually convinced my wife to come so she could get a sample of what hi-end could sound like. >:(

now she says its not worth the money. i'm no audiophile but when I went to meridien last year i could hear and feel the difference. :P

yeah man, i actually convinced my wife to come so she could get a sample of what hi-end could sound like. >:(

now she says its not worth the money. i'm no audiophile but when I went to meridien last year i could hear and feel the difference. :P

Hi Supremo, what your wife says is partially correct due to their poor matching of their setup resulting poorer response and yes what you heard from meridian is really so much better than this mini show. :P

Why was there a need to pay $5 for the show. If it's free, more may turn up and higher possibility that the sellers could sell their stuffs? This will cover their overheads?

Ya, free might be possible if it is solely organised by one authorised distributor. 2 years back i went to the same place organised by distributor of Kef and NAD, the admission is free. They even demo the digital amp. ;)

I have gone to those local Hi-Fi shows for a decade, all in all you normally found only less than a handful exhibitors doing their jobs showing the best they have. Majority are worser than that in their own show room - either too loud, too noisy, noise disturbance from other exhibitor, gears not tuned to its best (including projectors) ............

To me , it's is just a day tour for all Hi-Vi you can find in Singapore and look look see see if there are good bargains. You can't really judge the gears' performance during the show.

Sometimes i wonder whether there is an unwritten rule that says that we are NOT supposed to bring our own CDs to test during the hifi shows. I have been to 3 so far and have no yet seen anyone trying their own CDs.

I would love to try some Offspring's songs on the MBLs (last year's hifi show at Meridien), the Sonus Faber Cremona and the Musiclink's setup etc.

Most of the songs being played are jazz, classical and vocals, hardly any fast pop, techno, rock or even heavy metal music.

hmm...strange.

For the past 2 years that I visited shows, I brought along my CDs and I got to test what I wanted. For example, last year at ACE I had a good 30 minutes with the Goldmund/Amati setup testing my bagful of CDs and also asked Music by Design to play a couple of my CDs (even though they were running the TT most of the time) on their full Burmester setup - a welcome break of classical and Big Band from all the rock stuff that they were spinning virtually the entire day. I met Diablo (from old HWZ) there. Hadn't heard from him for ages.

If I had not heard his Nova Evolution/Perreaux/SCD-1 setup more than once I would have accepted Aaron's kind offer to try something of mine other than all his SACDs.

I think it's a matter of opportunity. Or, sometimes, maybe you just have to ask nicely. :)

just some of my personal experiences..