IGNORED

Spiderman R1 Limited box set

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

Just called Gramophone & was quoted S$95 for this box set.

Anyone have any idea where is selling this as well cause i find $95 expensive...thanx. :)

This is precisely known as "chop vegetable head" in mandrain.

That's why some of us almost never buy dvd from local shops (except laserflair or sometimes MWH)

not promoting any shops but stating the fact, can try laserflair, u may get a better price.

My set definitely is less than $95 precious bucks....shipping free too.

;D

Guest PreDaTor6

Hi michaelhtw,

Yes, S$95 is a little steep, but you're guaranteed good genuine stuff. Of course, you can get them much cheaper on-line, all at your own risk. Risk includes CreditCard number security, shipping delays, incorrect, damage, poor condition and missing DVD, FPD censorship enquiry and countless other problems when dealing with an oversea and remote vendor. Think about it and you'll know why it was priced that high. Cheers!

Hi Deimos,

It is "chop radish". The real hard facts herein is willing buyer-willing seller and michaelhtw may chose whether to part with S$95 for a "collector's edition" if he's really a collector. Collector don't b-i-t-c-h on the price if an item is affordable. My set also costed lesser than S$95 and so does many others who took the trouble to purchase on-line, asked friend or self brought in while overseas. Remember, the risks, as stated above, involved in DIY purchases. No offence intended.

Cheers!!

Hi folks,

Anyone have any idea where is selling this as well cause i find $95 expensive...thanx. :)

That's why some of us almost never buy dvd from local shops (except laserflair or sometimes MWH)

not promoting any shops but stating the fact, can try laserflair, u may get a better price.

;D

Risk is always reduced to a minimum by doing some research on yr own. You just need some time to narrow down to online shops that provide excellent shipping prices, shipping packaging, return policies, shipping period. For the amount of money I would saved on buying online, I will rather spend the time and not be lazy and let local shops "earn" their huge profit.

In fact all your risk mentioned above only exists not more than 3 times in all my purchase (>100)

"Collector don't b-i-t-c-h on the price if an item is affordable"

Ha, such collector must be very rich to not bitch about some item that is heavily overpriced for no appparent gd reason. The shops probably (or precisely) know that ppl are afraid of FPD, credit card security, or the troublesomeness of dealing online, that they jerk up the price. Take it loh or go thru the ordeal yrselves. This is taking advantage of the situtation.

U want to spend your hard earned money on this ?

The price hike is justified I suppose base on yr view point ?

Oh I do get offended when words like "collectors don't bitch about...."

were being used. Don't ever think that online shoppers are cheapskates.

They are in fact the smarter ones.

Hi michaelhtw,

Yes, S$95 is a little steep, but you're guaranteed good genuine stuff. Of course, you can get them much cheaper on-line, all at your own risk. Risk includes CreditCard number security, shipping delays, incorrect, damage, poor condition and missing DVD, FPD censorship enquiry and countless other problems when dealing with an oversea and remote vendor. Think about it and you'll know why it was priced that high. Cheers!

Hi Deimos,

It is "chop radish". The real hard facts herein is willing buyer-willing seller and michaelhtw may chose whether to part with S$95 for a "collector's edition" if he's really a collector. Collector don't b-i-t-c-h on the price if an item is affordable. My set also costed lesser than S$95 and so does many others who took the trouble to purchase on-line, asked friend or self brought in while overseas. Remember, the risks, as stated above, involved in DIY purchases. No offence intended.

Cheers!!

Hi folks,

;D

I think a little risk is worth it if u realise how much money u r saving. I got the Spider-man Gift Set online for about S$52 excluding shipping cost and I could still add in 2 more titles to make it slightly above S$100. So u got your Spider-man for S$92, I got it for much less and also bought more titles than u. Buying online makes more sense if u r buying more titles.

Guest PreDaTor6

I think a little risk is worth it if u realise how much money u r saving. I got the Spider-man Gift Set online for about S$52 excluding shipping cost and I could still add in 2 more titles to make it slightly above S$100. So u got your Spider-man for S$92, I got it for much less and also bought more titles than u. Buying online makes more sense if u r buying more titles.

Of course, you are correct as it is worth your risk. And U thought U R the only smart one around. It is caveat emptor. That's the rule in every deal. True, it makes sense as long as you can "save some money" and are happy doing so. I am just naming most of the risks in such a deal.

Businessmen are the same everywhere, that is to make money. But too bad, you are a consumer. But of course, you may want to take another risk by reselling your "smuggled" DVD at a profit to another consumer. And that, you need a license to do so. Don't you agree?

Of course, you are correct as it is worth your risk. And U thought U R the only smart one around. It is caveat emptor. That's the rule in every deal. True, it makes sense as long as you can "save some money" and are happy doing so. I am just naming most of the risks in such a deal.

Businessmen are the same everywhere, that is to make money. But too bad, you are a consumer. But of course, you may want to take another risk by reselling your "smuggled" DVD at a profit to another consumer. And that, you need a license to do so. Don't you agree?

First of all, I'm not the smart one around. Many forumers buy their DVDs online not only becoz of cheap prices, but becoz of strict censorship regulations here that prohibit us to even own a legitimate copy of Saving Private Ryan and other banned titles which are also quality films.

Sorry, I don't resell my discs unless I have an extra copy. Most people here sell their discs without earning any profit. And I don't think I need a license to do that. Just look at Singnet Classified Ads. Dun think those sellers need to apply for a license rite?

It's actually kind of you to list down all the risks involved in buying online but let's just leave it at that. Let the consumers choose how they want to spend their money and not enforce your perceptions on others. Besides telling people how risky it is to order online and the advantages of buying from local stores, why not contribute constructively to the forum in other ways? If not, people will think u could be working in the local home video market trying to persuade people to help push up our local economy by buying DVDs from local stores.

Guest PreDaTor6

Risk is always reduced to a minimum by doing some research on yr own. You just need some time to narrow down to online shops that provide excellent shipping prices, shipping packaging, return policies, shipping period. For the amount of money I would saved on buying online, I will rather spend the time and not be lazy and let local shops "earn" their huge profit.

All the above are just the basic, of course I know.

Ha, such collector must be very rich to not b-i-t-c-h about some item that is heavily overpriced for no appparent gd reason. The shops probably (or precisely) know that ppl are afraid of FPD, credit card security, or the troublesomeness of dealing online, that they jerk up the price. Take it loh or go thru the ordeal yrselves. This is taking advantage of the situtation.

U want to spend your hard earned money on this ?

The price hike is justified I suppose base on yr view point ?

Oh I do get offended when words like "collectors don't b-i-t-c-h about...."

were being used. Don't ever think that online shoppers are cheapskates.

They are in fact the smarter ones.

You are definitely not a genuine collector. Genuine collector knows the true value of the "collector's edition" if it is indeed a collector's edition. But I doubt this particular "shoebox" set is worth collecting. There is nothing special in its packing and it is not even worth its on-line price.

Why so defensive? I never call nobody "cheapskates". Consumers are the same everywhere, whether on-line of off-line. You are no smarter than the person next to you, neither am I. Hey these are opinion, remember? And you have yours, right?

You are definitely not a genuine collector. Genuine collector knows the true value of the "collector's edition" if it is indeed a collector's edition. But I doubt this particular "shoebox" set is worth collecting. There is nothing special in its packing and it is not even worth its on-line price.

This shows that u r not a genuine collector too. It's not the shoe box that is worth collecting. It's the content in the shoe box. If u r a Stan Lee fan or even a Spiderman fan, then u may want to get your hands on the Spider-man comics and the Stan Lee DVD which are exclusive to the shoe box edition only. If not, u can just buy the normal 2-disc set and be happy with it.

Please lah....we r only here to contribute to the forum and not to make grudges. So far, u have not been very constructive with your posts other than sounding the risks of buying online....which by the way are already known to us for a long time oredi.

Guest PreDaTor6

First of all, I'm not the smart one around. Many forumers buy their DVDs online not only becoz of cheap prices, but becoz of strict censorship regulations here that prohibit us to even own a legitimate copy of Saving Private Ryan and other banned titles which are also quality films.

Sorry, I don't resell my discs unless I have an extra copy. Most people here sell their discs without earning any profit. And I don't think I need a license to do that. Just look at Singnet Classified Ads. Dun think those sellers need to apply for a license rite?

Hey, speak 4 y'self man. Strict FPD? Selling without profit? Ya, go ahead and do whatever you please, but hope you never get caught.

It's actually kind of you to list down all the risks involved in buying online but let's just leave it at that. Let the consumers choose how they want to spend their money and not enforce your perceptions on others. Besides telling people how risky it is to order online and the advantages of buying from local stores, why not contribute constructively to the forum in other ways? If not, people will think u could be working in the local home video market trying to persuade people to help push up our local economy by buying DVDs from local stores.

Thanks for the recognition. But, no, I dare not enforce any perceptions on others. These are all your words, not mine. I am not being constructive? Please name me one that is not constructive. No, I don't own a audio/video business let alone working in one. I don't even care whether the local stores went out of business or not. You are the one that's putting words and thoughts into others. Am I correct or what?

Hey, speak 4 y'self man. Strict FPD? Selling without profit? Ya, go ahead and do whatever you please, but hope you never get caught.

Thanks for the recognition. But, no, I dare not enforce any perceptions on others. These are all your words, not mine. I am not being constructive? Please name me one that is not constructive. No, I don't own a audio/video business let alone working in one. I don't even care whether the local stores went out of business or not. You are the one that's putting words and thoughts into others. Am I correct or what?

This shows that it doesn't pay to be polite.

I wonder who u r to judge whether people here r selling with profit a not? If I do sell, it's always below or on par with the cost price. And look who's talking? U yourself r guilty of branding people here as "smugglers" or hardcore importer without license. Aren't all these your own wishful thinkings? Most people here are hardcore movie lovers who don't want to see their favourite movies mutilated by the censors. They just want to preserve a little piece of that cinematic experience and revisit them at home at their own time. So who r u to say that we r wrong by having a little entertainment by buying original legitimate DVDs? Couldn't u be at least a little bit more civilised in your postings instead of resorting to personal attack?

Being constructive to the forum, you should at least post info which is new to us all as we oredi know all the risks involved. Just look at all your postings. They r all repetitive. Maybe we can thank u for reminding us again and again....*YAWN*

But if u r really so self-righteous, why not help the world clean up violence and poverty instead of indulging yourself in petty attacks?

PreDaTor6, would advice you to stop making petty remarks and picking up unnecessary fights with our regular contributors. Your points are all old & stale and known to everybody, so I don't see anything remarkable about your postings other than designed to agitate the members here.

Kindly make some constuctive contributions to our Forum instead.

Guest PreDaTor6

You are very correct. I am proven correct that you regular guys are easily agitated. What your guys can write, newcomer cannot, izzit? You can put words into my mouth but I can't. Make me felt so unwelcomed, leh.

Let's be it. Don't worry I will not write anything about anything, since older members are so sensitive. So, be happy.

Don't bother to reply. Because I will not, actually I am not allowed to reply. See what I mean? Don't believe izzit? GO back and read your own postings, you know who you are yourselves. Cheers!

PreDaTor6, would advice you to stop making petty remarks and picking up unnecessary fights with our regular contributors. Your points are all old & stale and known to everybody, so I don't see anything remarkable about your postings other than designed to agitate the members here.

You are very correct. I am proven correct that you regular guys are easily agitated. What your guys can write, newcomer cannot, izzit? You can put words into my mouth but I can't. Make me felt so unwelcomed, leh.

Let's be it. Don't worry I will not write anything about anything, since older members are so sensitive. So, be happy.

Don't bother to reply. Because I will not, actually I am not allowed to reply. See what I mean? Don't believe izzit? GO back and read your own postings, you know who you are yourselves. Cheers!

Agree with him 100% on this. Since he cannot make constructive postings, might as well shut up. Since he cannot make people welcome him with his kind of stuckup attitude, might as well leave. Since he can be easily agitated by being so defensive and rude, why can't others be agitated as well? Maybe he should also read his own postings and see the kinda attitude projected to the forumers here. Since he is so sensitive, thinking others do not let him post, so be it as well.

Guest PreDaTor6

Agree with him 100% on this. Since he cannot make constructive postings, might as well shut up. Since he cannot make people welcome him with his kind of stuckup attitude, might as well leave.

See, see what I mean. Easily agitated.

Agree with him 100% on this. Since he cannot make constructive postings, might as well shut up. Since he cannot make people welcome him with his kind of stuckup attitude, might as well leave.

And I tot u r not gonna post anymore? ::)

Come on lah, if u r nice, people will treat u nice. If u r arrogant and unruly, u expect people to treat u nice still meh? Better learn some basic PR man.

I don't see the point in your postings.

You registered today as a "newbie" (which I seriously dount you are).

You then come in to this Forum to antagonise people and irritate with high-and-mighty and arrogant statements, and then try to score verbal points.

To top it all, you claim you feel unwelcome. What a joke !

We are not in this Forum to play verbal games, but rather to help newbies who sincerely need help. You are coming in to pick a fight, and in the process accuse others of being agitated.

Open your eyes - and read other posts by these same people whom you accuse of all sorts of things.

I state my point once again. If you do not wish to make contructive posts (I don't mean argue with people and pass judgements), then don't bother posting here.