IGNORED

copy protected cds in singapore

Guest silklee

any1 have encountered them in Singapore?

inspire by this...

http://naim-audio.infopop.net/1/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=67019385&f=48019385&m=9071973895

Hope we dont see them in our shores.

The greatest example is the Scooter latest album. It does not allow the disk being played by a cdrom drive. When i first bought it, i tried to figure out whats the difference between a norm & a modified one. I tried using a black marker & squible off the bar codes at the centre ring, the disk became playable. But inorder to confirm my testing, i ejected the disk and reload. Too bad this time really fails to play no matter what matter i tried. This time this protection code really works better than those reported crackable types in japan. Just few cents of my research. :P

I support this chap's posting: >:(

MartinC

Member posted SATURDAY 26 October 2002 17:13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take it Back

David,

Don't let the b&*#@*&s get away with it! Take it right back to the store for a refund and tell them you won't be buying any more 'copy protected' CD's. Thats the only way that to stop this problem. If everone refuses to but these defective products they will go away!

Cheers

Martin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 142 | From: San Diego, Sunny California | Registered: FRIDAY 04 August 2000

any1 have encountered them in Singapore?

inspire by this...

http://naim-audio.infopop.net/1/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=67019385&f=48019385&m=9071973895

Hope we dont see them in our shores.

Remember those jpop Cds I tried in your place. one of them is copy control. Actually The CD sound reasonably good. No audible glitch but your cd5 seems to have problem tracking the cd probably.

In PC, software like Microsoft media player, real or mp3 players can’t detect any song tracks. The cd comes with an autorun player.

Elva Hsiao lastest CD is one of the copy control CD also..... I bought it without notice it and it can be play a compressed version of the audio track which is worse than MP3 in my PC only.......

The lastest copy control CD I saw is "U Ke Lee Lin" best selection which is just out only. At first I wanna bought it but look carefully it is a copy control CD then I put it back to shelf.

Fook Lai

Elva Hsiao lastest CD is one of the copy control CD also..... I bought it without notice it and it can be play a compressed version of the audio track which is worse than MP3 in my PC only.......

The lastest copy control CD I saw is "U Ke Lee Lin" best selection which is just out only. At first I wanna bought it but look carefully it is a copy control CD then I put it back to shelf.

Fook Lai

Hi Fook Lai, to me the copy protection does not affect my daily life much unless if you enjoy converting to mp3 to your pc. Most important to me is i must make sure the mastering of the cd does not let me down or else it is history. :)

Hi Fook Lai, to me the copy protection does not affect my daily life much unless if you enjoy converting to mp3 to your pc. Most important to me is i must make sure the mastering of the cd does not let me down or else it is history. :)

Hi Transworld, copy control CD does affect me because I am using my PC as a source of my setup. No money to buy a CDP leh........ well, some times do think of getting a dedicated CDP also...

Fook Lai