IGNORED

Pricing for HS-10 and 12HT out

htfreak

Just received the latest Sony Singapore promotion for November and on page 13 it shows their latest projectors HS-2, HS-10 and 12HT being available soon. The HS-10 lists for S$4699 while the 12HT is S$8750.

Compared to PriceJapan's price of the HS-10 at US$2466 which translates to almost S$4400, it's defintely worthwhile getting it locally for the warranty. Can't wait to see a demo for it.. however, I wonder whether the Singapore shipments are free of the lamp bug that has been reported on AVSForum.

Guest joamonte

listed $4699....should be able to get around $4.5K within a few month time....

wow!! really worth for a WXGA PJ,time for AE100 owner to upgrade liao!! ;D

Woah.. hold your horses. It's better not to recommend anything until we have seen the ability of this projector for ourselves. Maybe it would be best for a number of us to preview this together to get a better overall feel of this projector. Any 1 interested?

Very interested.....in a demo first....the current AE200 and 300 do not seem to be making very big improvements, especially in contrast levels.

Some AVS viewers report that they could only see the differences, when viewed side by side.

One viewer even mentioned that he felt the Sharp M20x was better and more filmlike and that he would actually sell his recently bought AE300 by Christmas and keep the Sharp, which says alot for HD2 DLP.

Many have been raving about the HS10, Specs wise, but so far all previous Sonys are a little washed out in colors, compared to other PJS in their respective price range, so yes, it is best to audition before buying or making conclusions.

I'll just wait out for DLP-2, no urgency to upgrade anyway.

Seems really like Ae200 & AE300 isn't a good upgrade candidate for ae100 users. AVS guys don't really see the ae200/300 as anything substantial improvement to the ae100.

DLP-2 does have some great potential, judging from the opinions of M20X users there. I'll wait for 3 yrs, then decide again. Till then, my sexy ae100 suits me nicely.

Luckily, my upgrade cycle for now over oleadi. Until got next disruptive product on market, its dvdnorth for me.

I have been looking for a decent HT pj below $4.5 k for the last 6 months and I am seriously considering the HS10. I have seen DLP projectors before but I do not know why- it gives me a headache. My eyes are more comfortable with LCD pjs.

I have been asking around authorised dealers of the HS10 and I was told that it will be available in late Nov.

Anybody know where to get the best price for this unit?

Is anyone here interested? Maybe we can get a better price if we order more.

I think Sony did not mark up the price this time!

I guess the only issue now would be to determine which of the authorized dealers have a proper setup to truly test the projector. Majority of those listed are small shops and major department stores with no dedicated projector viewing rooms. The only ones that I can think of now are AudioJas, Stereo Electronics and possibly Hai Chew Electronics. I doubt the Sony Gallery shops will allow us to fully test the projector out with our own discs and maybe dvd player.

looks like sony is finally pricing their projectors closer to what can be obtained from parallel imports. hurray!!!

anyway for those who are interested, i have been getting my sony products from someone at 15% off retail prices for almost every sony item, all with local warranty and free gifts too. if anyone here is keen, let me know. of course i get some benefit from this guy too lah haha like maybe i take some of the free gifts for those who don't want them, especially exporters. yep, you would be surprised even at sony singapore's high prices, there are people exporting them to other countries.

hi jagdpanzer,

yes, its with local warranty since its from a sony dealer with sony singapore warranty card. as for availabilty, its only whenthese dealers can get their stocks and it may be a while more since its just launched in japan.

so feel free to look around and order only when sony accepts preorders. danr, if only there are free gifts.

i am thinking of getting the hs-2 as that's all i can afford

jagdpanzer,

i just replied to you and the price includes sony singapore warranty and official free gifts if sony offers any at time of launch.

i just need the monitor cleaner and i wish someone would buy a sony vaio laptop so i can get that hee hee

anyone here have nay feedback regaridng the hs-2? i wish to buy that if it is better than the old pana 100