IGNORED

Regret selling my old Luxman receiver

ysl

must hv been like 20 years ago, bot a luxman receiver fm a friend. Beauu....tiful casing and analgue somemore. Sold away becos broke and do not know better. Looking back..... it was a gorgeous piece of eqpt, and i would loved to have kept it. Siok... jus looking at it...

must hv been like 20 years ago, bot a luxman receiver fm a friend. Beauu....tiful casing and analgue somemore. Sold away becos broke and do not know better. Looking back..... it was a gorgeous piece of eqpt, and i would loved to have kept it. Siok... jus looking at it...

Your heart break feeling makes me think of my brother's Technics hifi system 16years ago. That time the system only had a faulty cassette deck, he gave the entire system to my uncle. By the time i tried to ask it back from my uncle, he had sold it away. I feel so sad cos' the main reason he gave away is to give some place for me to study. :'( I still feel so terrible after so long. :(

A bit out of context here..

Regret selling my Tannoy R1.

I got it cheap but i sell it even cheaper :'(

Nice looking little speaker,solid built

thought that it sound anemic..(drive by yammie ax-392)

Now thinking back just wonder how would the R1

sound with the rotel

what i really miss is the quality of some wood casing and the worksmenship. SHIOK... just looking at them or handling them... u can tell quality and worksmenship years ago r better.

YSL,

Yeah. Old stuffs used to be built like a tank. Makes one wonder whether a 5.56 round can penetrate some of their chassis. It's also a great pain trying to move them around. Equipment nowadays are considered featherweight. Unless you're talking about highend stuff like the ML "twin towers" power amps. ;D Saw them unpacking a unit once. They needed 3-4 men to carry the mutha.

hello nautilus,

yah.. if u think abt it it is quite funny, a few big men trying to lift a amp, latter if placed wrongly kana carry again... like they have nothing better to do with their lives ;D.. ;D

the Luxman got 3 models but using the same casing.....3k+, 4k+ and 5k+.......take ur pick

hi ysl

check out KEC at adelphi... saw some Luxman amps for sale there...

Just wondering, how much is that Luxman by the window, the Intergrated amplifier at KEC showroom......

the Luxman got 3 models but using the same casing.....3k+, 4k+ and 5k+.......take ur pick

[quote author=adec link=board=9;threadid=8265;start=0#61370

date=1035784129]

hi ysl

check out KEC at adelphi... saw some Luxman amps for sale there...

Just wondering, how much is that Luxman by the window, the Intergrated amplifier at KEC showroom......

wah ! quite ex leh,.. many years back they were like one of the best, not sure now though..