IGNORED

How much is a 2nd hand Bryston 4BST

$700 for Bryston 3BST?????? Thats great value!!!!!

I got a quote for 4BST at $1500. It's not a local set (black plate) though and it's about 4 years old. How....should I get it??? ???

where did you get this quote?

Guest joamonte

$700 for Bryston 3BST?????? Thats great value!!!!!

I got a quote for 4BST at $1500. It's not a local set (black plate) though and it's about 4 years old. How....should I get it??? ???

u sure is 4B ST...not the older 4B other version??

From a friend :) Is it reasonable???

I agree with yapks, it is quite reasonable. No need to worry about warranty, Bryston provide 20 years transferable international warranty. Given that assurance and THX certification, I am very confidence on Bryston product can last for very long. The previous version of ST (i.e. NRB) already stop production since 96'. Therefore, your friend set most likely is ST version. If you are afraid on repairing issue, please IM me if you finally give up, my friend may want it.

I agree with yapks, it is quite reasonable. No need to worry about warranty, Bryston provide 20 years transferable international warranty. Given that assurance and THX certification, I am very confidence on Bryston product can last for very long. The previous version of ST (i.e. NRB) already stop production since 96'. Therefore, your friend set most likely is ST version. If you are afraid on repairing issue, please IM me if you finally give up, my friend may want it.

Bryston power amp began to grasp my attention ever since I listened to your wonderful 3b st.

Yesterday I test drive my Dynaudio speakers with both krell KAV-300i and 4B ST. Bryston put in a very convincing performance.

Bryston power amp began to grasp my attention ever since I listened to your wonderful 3b st.

Yesterday I test drive my Dynaudio speakers with both krell KAV-300i and 4B ST. Bryston put in a very convincing performance.

want to hear again with my wonderful Monitor Audio Gold reference 10? ;D

Hi guys. Thanks for all your reply. :)

Yes, the 4B is the ST version. I have the older 2B-LP power amp. Love it, but I guess I wanna upgrade it to 4BST. Anyone own the 4BST can comment on the sound quality and its reliability?

Read a lot of reviews on it and most of them are good. Some say it sounds *grainy*. Err....what is *grainy*?????? ???

Your new Monitor Audio GR 10 performed admirably in last audition. By now, with a few more months of running in under it belt, I suppose it improve even further.

Perhaps we could have another mini pow wow some other time. :)

Hi guys. Thanks for all your reply. :)

Yes, the 4B is the ST version. I have the older 2B-LP power amp. Love it, but I guess I wanna upgrade it to 4BST. Anyone own the 4BST can comment on the sound quality and its reliability?

Read a lot of reviews on it and most of them are good. Some say it sounds *grainy*. Err....what is *grainy*?????? ???

Bryston gives a 20 years warranty, so if your set is not local u can send it directly to Bryston, Canada at your own cost but any repair or parts replacement & shipping it back to you is free of charge.

My friend also bought a 4B (older version) last year & emailed some questions to Bryston about the warranty validity, they reply within half an hour. Wow, that's what I call service. The 20 year warranty starts the day the equipment leaves its factory. Anyway, Bryston built its amp like a tank so chances of breakdown is quite minimum.

I, too owned the 4B ST for 2 years already & still love it very much. I'm no good at describing sound but have heard many equipments before & IMO, Bryston 4B ST, 7B ST & 14B ST is one of the best in their price range.

Wow! The repairs (service and parts and return delivery) are all free of charge if it is within the warranty period??? That sounds really great. Thanks for the info ;D

I hope to get the 4BST soon. Anyone knows a matching pre-amp? The Bryston BP-20/25??? I have a Krell KSP-7B pre amp. Not sure if it matches it. Anyone used it with Krell Pre amp b4?

The tank may weighs a ton but the 4B ST only 19kg (it isn't light either but manageable).

Yes, the condition also depend on the previous owner but I doubt anyone would want to mod it or change anything inside. Why would anyone be silly ??? enough change it to void the warranty.

In any case, b4 u pay for it ask questions in regards to its condition, modding, history, etc..... Of course, u got to give him a benefit of a doubt. With 2nd hand equipment that is not bought from someone you know, there's always a risk factor.

Good luck ;D ;D ;D

I just got the 4BST ;D Wow, it's a damn good amp. The music sounds clearer, better bass and good soundstage. Gotta let it warm up for awhile and then go and listen again :-)

4B ST is very good power amp, enjoy man !!!

Your new Monitor Audio GR 10 performed admirably in last audition. By now, with a few more months of running in under it belt, I suppose it improve even further.

Perhaps we could have another mini pow wow some other time. :)

you got IM.