IGNORED

When is the Yamaha RXV-?300 coming?

Saw that in the US that the Yamaha RX-V1300 and 2300 are available.

Slightly more power and has 192khz/24bit DAC compared to 1200/2200 96khz/24bit DAC.

RX-V1300 is US$600 (which means about S$1100 - same as a V1200).

Anyway has an idea if it's coming soon?

;D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks impressive...... maybe Fowler may have an idea when the Yamaha RX-V1300/2300 is coming... ;D

so wat's impressive bout the 1300/2300? care to share?? just got my 1200 few mths ago... time for time stuff?? ;D

Go to http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/RECEIVER/RX-V1300.htm for more details

Basically, for the RX-V1300, there's 192Khz/24bit DAC for all channels and packs much more power( as much as RX-V2200 ), and at a price of abt $1K (my guess only), I think its quite a bargain.

Go to http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/RECEIVER/RX-V1300.htm for more details

Basically, for the RX-V1300, there's 192Khz/24bit DAC for all channels and packs much more power( as much as RX-V2200 ), and at a price of abt $1K (my guess only), I think its quite a bargain.

yamaha released their sets so fast... cannot catch up!!

Aiya... get AVC-A1SR still must upgrade.... who knows, maybe THX 10.2 become standard...

;D

It's a never ending story...IMO, get the Denon AVC-A1SR and forget abt other upgrades!! ;D

Cost is $5K!!

Guest duckling

Aiya... get AVC-A1SR still must upgrade.... who knows, maybe THX 10.2 become standard...

;D

The AVC-A1SR is the flagship AV Amp from Denon...it supports all the latest sound format...nothing to upgrade currently. :)

;D

It's a never ending story...IMO, get the Denon AVC-A1SR and forget abt other upgrades!! ;D

Cost is $5K!!

Choong,

Even 10.2 become standard in the future, do you have such a big room for it? But I do agree that there is still have something make us upgrade, it is never end road after you have begin ......

Fook Lai

Cost is $5K!!

think my wife will give me a slap just the mention of upgrading my av receiver... mention upgrading to a1sr... u probably see me get bundled up and thrown inside the storeroom... for good!!

think my wife will give me a slap just the mention of upgrading my av receiver... mention upgrading to a1sr... u probably see me get bundled up and thrown inside the storeroom... for good!!

So serious??.... :o

I'm not married, so I will never understand why wife are always a repulsive factor towards audio/HTS purchases and upgrades......

Have asked Yammie & Denon... no immediate plans to bring them in yet as their warehouses are still full of current models.

You mean the new models by Yamaha and Denon that are already out will not be in Singapore for sale at the time being?

;D

Cost is $5K!!

Choong,

Even 10.2 become standard in the future, do you have such a big room for it? But I do agree that there is still have something make us upgrade, it is never end road after you have begin ......

Fook Lai

Hey.... I guess u dunno how many speakers Jag is running /w his yammie 800...

Phil

;D

Cost is $5K!!

Choong,

Fook Lai

Hey.... I guess u dunno how many speakers Jag is running /w his yammie 800...

Phil

Jag is using a Yamaha RX-V2200, running a 9.1 setup. :o

Jag is using a Yamaha RX-V2200, running a 9.1 setup. :o

Oh.. 2200 hah.. but hor.. I remember he saying running parallel 4 all surround channel... since theres 2 mono channel 4 surround back... we r looking @ SL x 2 + SR x 2 + SC x 4 + L + C + R = 11 speakers. But still on 6.1 lar..

Jag.. can confirm bor??

Phil

Yah lar...... me running 2200 with 9.1 speakers with 6.1 surround steering.

2200 solid lah...... 2300 just a bit more power and 192KHz DAC..... not much of a big diff.....

But the idea of 9.1 is not to fill the room with sound, but to improve surround steering! ;D

Yah lar...... me running 2200 with 9.1 speakers with 6.1 surround steering.

2200 solid lah...... 2300 just a bit more power and 192KHz DAC..... not much of a big diff.....

But the idea of 9.1 is not to fill the room with sound, but to improve surround steering! ;D

Hows ya 9 speaker hookup??

Phil

Front L and R: System Audio 1050 Floorstanders with sand-filled chamber.

Front C: System Audio 1005 bookshelf.

Surround L & R: Mordaunt-Short MS20i Pearls in parallel with Mordaunt-short Bipole speakers.

Surround C: System Audio 1005 in parallel with a QLN center speaker.

Imaging is scary..... The Exorcist in 6.1EX can frighten you!

The front speakers were actually from my audiophile days..... very neutral sounding and transparent. Too bad AV amps can't equate the same feeling as audiophile setups. Still, very sweet to listen to and detailed.

The surrounds come alive in 6.1. 5.1 is just dull with that null behind u. 6.1 bring everything into full swing. Dr. Xavier's voice in X-men can really paly with ur head with 6.1 surrounds...... Star Wars I light saber is very scary. A certain scene with the light saber swishing conveys that breadth and power that u can actually feel the "Wooooommmm" just on your left shoulder.

6.1 steering can convey alot more surround feeling than 5.1. But with added steering refinement of added speakers (both direct rad and bipoles), they can escalate excitement much more even normal 6.1 cannot re-produce.

Couldn't wait no more.... and took the plunge for a V1200!! No news when V1300 will be released here.

Initial feel: Setup not very friendly... took me half an hour to figure out how to set the DVD to use coaxial input... :P

Took me another half hour to figure out how to enable the LFE output... :P

Thought I could figure it out without the manual. Guess not. If I had spent some time to read the manual instead jumping straight in, I guess I would got them working in a couple of minutes.

First DVD in, Phantom Menace... one word: WOW!

Could not believe my old Marantz SR5000 was missing out SO MUCH detail..... tiny little background noises and music which were never heard before can now be heard. Voice is crisp and clear.

The bass now really ROCKS! So much more tighter and cleaner than when used with the SR5000.

Now to look out for a rear center surround speaker...

;D

Congrats on ur purchase! I'm sure u'll be truly satisfied with your recent purchase!

Read up the manual more.... many more nuggests of info there. All AV amps today are not easy to use of out the box anyway.

Remember to use 6.1 decoding for all ur movies, even on 5.1 DVDs when u get ur rear ctr. Post ur comments on 6.1 decoding on 5.1 DVDs, ok? ;) ;)

Theres just so much words can say.....

I was tempted to go for the Denon 3802.

But from a US HT forum, found out there were a lot of Yammie supporters there. One of them had the exact same speakers as I do and his favourable comments made me decide on the V1200.

So far, so good....

;D