http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20020807/sony.htm

Big brother of VPL HS-1. 16:9 panels

*) 1000 lumens or 850 lumens with cinema black mode

*) HTPC support

*) Contrast Ratio of 700:1

*) Improved black levels

*) Sideshot and keystone correction

*) Short / Long throw lens

*) DVI input!! along with comp/svideo/component.

*) Remote Control Zoom and Focus !!

*) Supports memory stick for pics/mpegs from your digicamera

*) 30db noise in cinema black mode

*) Ceiling mountable

*) Filter included... no doubt improves the contrast/blacks

*) 3-2 and 2-2 pull-down conversion

DVI input for future proof connections, and WXGA, liquid crystal panel of newly developed 0.87 type wide XGA (1,388x788 pixels)

Tranlated links.

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/url/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.watch.impress.co.jp%2Fav%2Fdocs%2F20020807%2Fsony.htm&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2

Info from AVS forums.

Guest joamonte

wow....look very worth....AE-100 owner...really to sell ur projector.... ;D

maybe better that TW-100,since its resolution is higher...then TW-100....and what...? even higher then 12ht!!

....electic zoom somemore!!

they should have produce it earlier..... :)

Guest joamonte

think it should be somewhere around 60% of VW12HT/11HT (SGD $8000)....

sure affect the sale result of TW-100.....or even their own 12HT(a bit better in contast ratio).... ::)

Should be in the league of a TW100, I will decide when the final price is released.

Somehow Sony seems overpriced, VPL HS1 same class as AE 100 but price difference, SGD1500+, performance still loose to AE100.

If the trend conitinues, Panny vs Sony, the AE200 should beat the VPL HS-10, or at least we will get a TW100 performance at a more budget price.

Should be in the league of a TW100, I will decide when the final price is released.

Somehow Sony seems overpriced, VPL HS1 same class as AE 100 but price difference, SGD1500+, performance still loose to AE100.

If the trend conitinues, Panny vs Sony, the AE200 should beat the VPL HS-10, or at least we will get a TW100 performance at a more budget price.

Hi xebay,

any idea when the AE200 is released ?

AE 200, Speculative, changed to probable, with this post from AVS forums :

"It is interesting to note that others have sited the message from Ritz AV website about the upcoming Panasonic w/ 1366x768 resolution(maybe called the AE200!). So, it would seem that the 2 superpowers (Panny & Sony) will each have a hi-res LCD pj in the $2.5K-$3K price range. Now, we mortals of the HT faith can only wait and see. You know, if there is one thing I hate IS WAITING!!!!!!"

• 4 weeks later...

I hope Sony will not mark up this new PJ here too high.

I think they mark up too high for the HS-1, which was no match for the AE100 in terms of performance.

How I wish I head Sony Marketing department. I think they need a lot of knowledge based education for projectors.

From my enquiries on projectors in Singapore, I realise that the marketing department of manufacturers such as BENQ, Sony, Sharp are not well verse in their products and pricing when compared to the US!!!!

Jagdpanzer, these days, with jobs being so unsecure and bottom line being on profits, it would not hurt to write in to the HR dept of these big companies, stating your experience, such unsolicited calls are being more common now.

We all agree that more needs to be done.

Problem is that do the HR Director or whatever know who they are hiring. I think HR thing in Singapore is alot of bullshit - most of the time.

I think it is important to market products with passion. If the products are not up to standard, then at least be more professional. I really cannot believe how in the world can sony or some japs let SLS Ah Bengs be the authorised reseller for their products. It just kill everything!!!

Do the Marketing or Sales Manager know what they are doing. Maybe the japs in these companies here are being conned by their local staff here.

I wonder if Sony Marketing dept or other japs consumer electronics sales or marketing dept. know this website.

Seems like as days go by, news of AE200 (if any) seems to be getting bleaker and bleaker. Apparently, the specs were given by a chap in AVS with nothing to back himself up.

Jagdpanzer, has brought up a very interesting point. The typical SLS Bengs can't even explain DLP, let alone sell DLP pjs. A bad experience with such a guy has re-inforced my mentality of never trust what the salesman say when he can't answer simple fundamental questions.

Many sales manager have done little or no homework on the pj market. Letting the SLS bengs sell the pjs is bad enough. But selling it at sky high markups is absolutely ridiculous.

The markups is as high as 40% on some pjs...... where is their market research? Where is their focus? Where is their brains?

I do applaud Panasonic Singapore for selling their fabulous AE100 at a very reasonable price. Considering its the first sub $3k 16:9 pj, its gotten itself into my good books. At least 1 pj company have a faint presence in this forum, but it seems like the whole pj industry needs a wake-up call.

Whats even worse is the CRT pjs have very little exposure to the consumer market. Those guys need a harder kick for that matter!

• 2 years later...

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20020807/sony.htm

Big brother of VPL HS-1. 16:9 panels

*) 1000 lumens or 850 lumens with cinema black mode  

*) HTPC support

*) Contrast Ratio of 700:1

*) Improved black levels

*) Sideshot and keystone correction

*) Short / Long throw lens

*) DVI input!! along with comp/svideo/component.

*) Remote Control Zoom and Focus !!

*) Supports memory stick for pics/mpegs from your digicamera

*) 30db noise in cinema black mode

*) Ceiling mountable

*) Filter included... no doubt improves the contrast/blacks

*) 3-2 and 2-2 pull-down conversion

DVI input for future proof connections, and WXGA, liquid crystal panel of newly developed 0.87 type wide XGA (1,388x788 pixels)

Tranlated links.

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/url/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.watch.impress.co.jp%2Fav%2Fdocs%2F20020807%2Fsony.htm&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2

Info from AVS forums.

Anyone using this PJ?

wah!  such an old thread u also can dig up.  :)

Suddenly I got this itch for this projector. I was wondering if anyone wants to sell their old SONY projector ( must have sideshot).