IGNORED

Acoutic Energy Evo 1

Guest Freddymac

Guest Freddymac

Anybody auditioned this speaker? Can anybody describe its sonic characteristics?

Saw KEC offering Rotel RA-02/AE Evo 1 combo at $899.

Anyone heard this combo?

• 2 weeks later...

AE EVO 1 is actually the successor - redefined tweeters and bass response of its predecessor - AE One bookshelf speakers.

The former sounds more "natural" as reviewed by most members here and other forums too. Scored well in both areas of HT and music.

The latter is good for Music listening, very good mid-range response. Bass is tight too. But more suitable for music over HT.

Hope it helps to shed some lights...in the dark.

;D

I think it's the successor of Aegis One rather than AE 1.

The AE1 is much higher end than the Aegis 1 ( big diff in price too.. about 10x or more !! )....

;D

AE EVO 1 is actually the successor - redefined tweeters and bass response of its predecessor - AE One bookshelf speakers.

Think the new range (at least the Aegis that I owned) is a mixed rubber/foam material that's supposed to last and withstand our climate.

;D

Do all AE speakers have foam surrounds? I know that the AE1s do and the surrounds rot like crazy after 5 years. Not compatible with our climate.

Do all AE speakers have foam surrounds? I know that the AE1s do and the surrounds rot like crazy after 5 years. Not compatible with our climate.

That could be quite a statement... I do not know of any AE1 owner who have had that problem or any other AE model (Except mine... result of a misled screwdriver).

Yes... the signature series are a visual sight. Laquer finish with Gold British Hallmark Badge! Too bad this speaker neeeeeds loads of juicy watts to play it really well......

Sky, the AE1 and AE2 ARE still available brand new locally. If you are keen, can drop me a PM