IGNORED

anamorphic squeeze

Care to elaborate why it is unacceptable? What is your basis of comparison?

the picture is too sharp compared to viewing it without anamorphic squeeze or 'wide mode' as it is known for toshiba tvs. tried reducing the sharpness but still no use. the picture in 'wide mode' lacks the smoothness. you can actually see the dots on the tv and it's already set to progressive mode.

Guest duckling

Tried it on my Panny AE-100, terrible!! ;D

???

Anamorphic squeeze are for 4:3 TV to channel more horizontal scan lines for anamorphic picture.

The Panny is already a 16:9 panel. No need for anamorphic squeeze.

Just try switching to 4:3 for fun. ;D

Tried it on my Panny AE-100, terrible!! ;D

???

Anamorphic squeeze are for 4:3 TV to channel more horizontal scan lines for anamorphic picture.

The Panny is already a 16:9 panel. No need for anamorphic squeeze.

Just try switching to 4:3 for fun. ;D

Ya, tried that too, very jia lat. Cannot take it..

has anyone tried anamorphic squeeze on their 4:3 televisions? tried this on my toshiba 34ax9ue. unfortunately, the results are unacceptable.

I always use it on my Panasonic TX-29P300X for watching dvds since my dvd player has been set-up to expect a 16:9 TV. Very good picture quality especially with my Q50.

• 2 weeks later...

Does the Toshiba 43A9UE RPTV have anamorphic squeeze function? I played LOTR R4 on my Shinco 8700 and this TV, I get the same aspect ratio on both NORMAL/LB and Wide setting for the Shinco. When I played Pearl Harbour R1, I can see the difference when I switch between the 2 modes. Both show suppose to be 2.35:1. The LOTR in both modes looks like the PH in wide mode. Advise please? Thank you.

Do you guys get a white line on the screen when you are in 16:9 mode? I get that on my Philips... :-[

Yeah, I got that too but I made a matte to cover it.

Please excuse my ignorance:-), but could you elaborate on what your 'matte' is and how it works?

Does the Toshiba 43A9UE RPTV have anamorphic squeeze function? I played LOTR R4 on my Shinco 8700 and this TV, I get the same aspect ratio on both NORMAL/LB and Wide setting for the Shinco. When I played Pearl Harbour R1, I can see the difference when I switch between the 2 modes. Both show suppose to be 2.35:1. The LOTR in both modes looks like the PH in wide mode. Advise please? Thank you.

The Toshiba 43A9UE does not have the anamorphic squeeze function unfortunately :(