IGNORED

Reliable speaker reconing service ?

JK

Try Martin Electronics at Burlington Square.

Have you used them before ?

I'm quite afraid of shops swapping components when they do the repair.

Any other recommendation ?

whoever wants to repair their drivers shd try to talk to Martin to understand what is to be done.

I'm sure they don't have the exact replacement for most of the cases but they will be able to recommend an alternative.

If u r going for perfection, it may be better to replace the whole driver itself.

Try Martin Electronics at Burlington Square.

Have you used them before ?

I'm quite afraid of shops swapping components when they do the repair.

Any other recommendation ?

Martin Electronics have been in the speaker repair business for more than 20 years.....definitely the best u can get in Singapore !

HW, is there any reason why u replace your drivers instead of repairing them?

if u can't trust Martin, then i guess there's not many others u can trust.

have faith in them!

*a satisfied customer of Martin's*

hmm..kinda surprised to see you posting this question here..kekeke..

ok.. i had asked those ppl in Audioasylum, and one guy was telling me my problem could be fixed by injecting something (silicone or donno wat) into certain parts of the voice coil. Problem is, he did not reply my email when i was asking for more details. With all these uncertainties in mind, i thought it'd be better if i get new drivers.

and so happen that another guy offered me to sell me unused drivers for a very low price. and that's why i grab the new drivers.

at least now with the new drivers in place, i won't be afraid of ruining the old driver if i do attempt to repair it by myself.

and btw..i did not buy the new drivers from Martin becos they don't have the 4-ohm version.

okie..hope that answers your question.

Oh, it only crossed my mind here coz it would have cost alot less if u have repaired your driver (1 side only?) at Martin.

I've sent one of my spkr to someone else for refoaming b4. When it came back, it actually sounded different. Actually it sounded better (to me) coz the bass kinda tightened. But the point is that the characteristics of the driver changed and we can never be sure how the sound will turn out. But, of coz, it will sound better than a damaged driver so the $$$ put in may be just worth it.

hmm..kinda surprised to see you posting this question here..kekeke..

ok.. i had asked those ppl in Audioasylum, and one guy was telling me my problem could be fixed by injecting something (silicone or donno wat) into certain parts of the voice coil. Problem is, he did not reply my email when i was asking for more details. With all these uncertainties in mind, i thought it'd be better if i get new drivers.

and so happen that another guy offered me to sell me unused drivers for a very low price. and that's why i grab the new drivers.

at least now with the new drivers in place, i won't be afraid of ruining the old driver if i do attempt to repair it by myself.

and btw..i did not buy the new drivers from Martin becos they don't have the 4-ohm version.

okie..hope that answers your question.

well... i did ask Martin, and they recommended i change the drivers instead of repairing it. but unfortunately they only have the 8-ohm version and it was also the last pair.

and since someone offers me the 4-ohm at such a low price, I decide to take it.

yup..that's why i say Martin is highly recommended for speaker-related stuff... ;)

but their tube amps....sounds very good..but the looks..errrr.... i dare not tell them what i think! hahahaha...