IGNORED

Poll: what tweaks do you believe in?

I put my TT on the floor due to space constraints. However, since it is a non-suspended direct drive TT with a dense and heavy plinth, there isn't a detrimental effect. :D

Hmmm....I wonder if anyone puts their vinyl rig on the floor..... ;D

I have tried the following:-

Coins, wood/granite as bottom piece, cables & interconnects, crystals and hifi racks.

I used to be a sceptic but after hearing what a HUGE difference (Definately not pschological) it made with an amber bracelet (Not Pavane) did (Put on top of a CD player), I am a firm believer now. However do take note that NOT everything sounds better... I have had negative effects with the wrong crystals.

what is geometry design?

Presently i using 2 silver cable twisted together. Total of three sets twisted together using geometry design. Each pair supports Live, Neutral and Earth. I find the sound is very peaceful and clean. This is my best tweak! ;)

Well.... It is very interesting to do all sorts of tweaks you can think of. Maybe your listening area acoustics are controlling your listening sensitivity, thats why you can't hear much difference. But i admit that sometimes i might get tired of doing any experimenting on my equipment.

Have not voted ;D

How to vote more than one?

Actually i feel that HiFi Racks and Isolation Boards should be in same category as cones/feet/spikes.

From my personal experience, order of significance tweaking:

1. Speaker Positioning wrt Room

2. Room Acoustics tweaking

3. Isolation Control

4. Clean Power

5. Neutral Cables - Interconnects, PC

Assuming that the components are already well matched.

Yup....No tweak is a "must do". If you enjoy what you hear from your system, good and keep enjoying.

If you want to dabble into tweaking, by all means. But note that another essential part of tweaking is actually knowing how to do critical listening.

For those interested to know more about "critical listening", please check up the following book which is most useful

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0964084945/qid=1028947994/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-6966445-7989745

If you happen to get deeper into this "hobby" to critique and improve the sound of your system, more "tweaking" comes in and then good luck to you ;D There will be no end to "perfecting" sound, so just enjoy the journey 'cos it's going to be a long one. ;D