IGNORED

spk impedance

hello i am wondering what will happen if i connect my spk to the 4ohm output from my amp instead of the 8 ohm one??

i am wondering cuz i am unsure about my speaker impedance therefore i am currently connecting it to the 8 ohm socket and is wondering what will happen if i connect to the 4 ohm one.

another question what if my spk is a 6 ohm one then which will i connect to 4 or 8 will there be any sonic difference ? louder? more focus??? ;D

at a simplistic look, a lower ohm tap will provide a higher current output. That usually mean a better sound.

not many speakers (maybe none) has a perfect flat response, which means the speakers' impedance will fluctuate around the stated nominal value. Impedance may drop at lower frequencies. That's when more current is required.

no, you won't damage anything. but what you hear may sound different. Whether it's better or not is up to you.

depending on how the amp is designed, you may get a fuller bass ;)

My Minima Amator is rated at 6 ohms and my int amp has both 4 and 8 ohm tap. I have been using the 8 ohm tap. While asking for the specs on AA, was surprise that a SF expert post to day that the speaker is 4 ohm. When enquired, his claim was the speaker actually behave more towards 4 ohm and I should have better bass if I make the switch. Did tried his suggestion, but didnt like it ( perhaps due the ears being tune to 8 ohms?) and switch back after a while.

Moral of the story? Since it wouldnt do harm to ur equipment try lor! dont try dont know.

My 2 cents.