IGNORED

need help with carpentry work....

hw

juz got my new drivers, but cannot mount onto the speaker cabinet yet as the holes on the drivers are too small.

was advised not to expand the holes as i don't have anything proper to clamp the driver in place. besides, the stray metal bits may be attracted to the core...then gone case liao.

the other alternative is to use small screws. that'd mean filling up the existing holes.

honestly, i'm not too confident with doing this on a speaker cabinet as my amateurish effort will result in the screws loosening in no time :(

Any suggestion/advice?

Guest joamonte

eh, why neber ask me? i expert in enlarging holes da! whoops! sori, i thot this is planet general! ;D

so ur are expert in enlarging speaker cabinet's holes also...... ::).....use what to enlarge...... ::) ;D ;D

Does this mean that the holes on the drivers are smaller than that in the mounting holes of the speaker cabinet?

You can always buy a reamer (available at SLT or hardware shops) to make the hole bigger. To prevent the metal fragments from affecting the driver, just wrap it up nice and tight in newspaper/glad wrap/cellophane and keep this protective layer in place using masking tape while making the holes bigger.

Else, see whether Martin Electronics is willing to help you to widen the holes.

Hope this helps.

eh, why neber ask me? i expert in enlarging holes da! whoops! sori, i thot this is planet general! ;D

Eh fren, u think u are the only one who can enlarge holes ah, I also expert AH!!

HW,

Sorri, ok u want IM me, I got a fren who does carpentary work. ;D

Guest joamonte

wah lau eh.. ppl... pls don't joke lah :-[

somebody help me.. pleeeease....

sori lah....

may i suggest if ur driver are using round support ring ,why dont u just turn it 45 degee and drill four small hole at the cabinet,then buy some canpenter screw to mount the driver onto the cabinet with tis four new drilled hole?

confuss ??? ...mnnn...me too...what am i talking..!?

maybe tis help..

and SM Chowbotak,dont u dare to think that its a pair of @#$@!! >:(

:)

hi joamonte... yes... that is a good idea..

BUT BUT BUT... i'm HOPELESS with the drill! I don't mind drilling holes in the walls to hang paintings & stuff..

BUT BUT BUT..i really have no guts to do it on my precious speaker cabinet :(

u wanna volunteer? ;)

Guest joamonte

just go and get some wood and try to practice ur drilling skill 1st lah....not that difficult if u use the correct Eqment and do the corect marking on the place u want to drill....

BTW u can get a lot of Tip of drilling skill from hardware shop if u dare to ask...

hi joamonte...

if u come to my place to see my speakers, u'd know why I dare not do the drilling.

anyway, i've decided to just widen the holes on the drivers. will drop by at the hardware shop later to ask for tips.

Guest joamonte

hi joamonte...

if u come to my place to see my speakers, u'd know why I dare not do the drilling.

anyway, i've decided to just widen the holes on the drivers. will drop by at the hardware shop later to ask for tips.

thats good,..maybe even dont need to use hand drill,maybe there are some special tool can enlarge the hole that can buy at hardware shop...

wish u luck!