IGNORED

Epson TW100 or Sanyo 9000U?

Guest joamonte

kekeke...... ;D

yes! certainly worth IMO if u got 12k to spend....cos no TW-100 owner dare to said their projector is better PQ then 9000z i guess.

;D

Did someone say headache???

Well, I went to demo the Sharp today.

Beautiful!!!! But, I did suffer from the dreaded headache and I watched the movie for only about 10 minutes!

Head still hurts.

Guest joamonte

DLP headache.....

then what about for the LCD Sony 12HT that coming soon? i bet also not many TW-100 dare to say their projector is better then 12 HT ......and the $3k u save for 9000z can now spend on a $$$ screen ....

For $12K to spend, get an epson for $6k, and spend the rest on a steward firehawk screen.

And you'll still have spare change to buy approx 60 dvds.

But, if you're willing, you can import in the next gen of DLP-2 with retails in US slightly above US$3k. Get a steward greyhawk (since they are so bright) and you'll have still have enough spare change to buy 60 dvds

Headaches should not happen since they have faster and better colour wheels. And have better contrast ratio than any of todays DLP-1 or LCD.

Buying an expensive pj today is like buying a plasma screen. The price is likely to drop enough to make you regret your purchase.

Did someone say headache???

Well, I went to demo the Sharp today.

Beautiful!!!! But, I did suffer from the dreaded headache and I watched the movie for only about 10 minutes!

Head still hurts.

Hi Swan, where to see this Sharp PJ? I need to know if I am sensitive to headaches too?

For $12K to spend, get an epson for $6k, and spend the rest on a steward firehawk screen.

And you'll still have spare change to buy approx 60 dvds.

But, if you're willing, you can import in the next gen of DLP-2 with retails in US slightly above US$3k. Get a steward greyhawk (since they are so bright) and you'll have still have enough spare change to buy 60 dvds

Headaches should not happen since they have faster and better colour wheels. And have better contrast ratio than any of todays DLP-1 or LCD.

Buying an expensive pj today is like buying a plasma screen. The price is likely to drop enough to make you regret your purchase.

That is my strategy too...but DLP is just so tempting...dunno if I can wait till next year.

dats why i got the panny as an interim toy, while I save slowly for that DLP-2 pj.

Besides, panny will last me at least 3-6yrs, by then DLP-2 would be more or less stabilised,.... thats when I move in for the kill. ;D ;D ;D

Anyway, the panny isn't all that bad. So cheap and its actually got a v. good price:performance ratio. But thats assuming u got a proper light-controlled room.......

[quote author=xebay11 link=board=12;threadid=5232;start=0#40456

That is my strategy too...but DLP is just so tempting...dunno if I can wait till next year.

Get some sources to purchase the DLP II in the US, go for a holiday, and you'll still save tons of money as compared to buying locally plus you don't have to wait for next year.

Guest joamonte

for me..

if i got $3000 to spend,i will buy AE-100..

if i got $6000 to spend,i will buy TW-100..

if i got $9000 to spend,i will buy VW 12 HT..

if i got $12000 to spend,i will buy Sharp 9000z..

if i got $16000 to spend,i will buy SIM HT300..

and that becoz i didtnt had the headache problem with DLP...

(u know....sometime its the mind tell u that u got headache,not u heart...there is a joke some months back,two of my friend is coparing the AE-100 with another projector,they did went to the AVS and some HT forum b4....at first they keep comment about the "ranbow effect" they saw at the other projector make them feel headache,while i tell them i dont feel anything.....but end up,we notice that the other projector is a LCD projector from hitachi... ;D ;D )

i guess HD2,as jag mention, still need another year to come into maket in mass coz we have to wait for the manufacter to clear away all their HD1 projector....

if ur budget is long long way above $6000,go for something Better the TW-100 and use it for the next 3/4 years IMHO...but if u wanna to save ur money to wait for HD2,AE-100 is better choise then TW-100 i guess.

:)

The AE-100 looks the best choice for a budget entry-level projector to use for a couple of years (or until bulb change time).

In 2 years' time, we will have DLP II, and many of the current LCD/DLP projectors will be 50% or lower than their current price.

So imagine you spend >$10k for a projector now would be like spending $25k for a Plasma last year !

Common sense should prevail unless you have plenty of $$$ burning your pocket.

Guest joamonte

agree!!!

but.....but....but...tis rich guy enjoy the Plasma TV and other ppls envy eyesight one year earlier then those who buy now.....

and those who buy now will.....will......will...enjoy the Plasma TV one year eariler then those who buy the Plasma TV at cheaper price one year later......

mnn......hope u r not right about "many of the current LCD/DLP projectors will be 50% or lower than their current price.".....if its ture then i might give up surfing the HT website.... :-[ ;D