good trade in deal...

Guest jonlee

Guest jonlee

Went to IMM yesterday. The Home Theatre Room is having quite a good trade-in deal for the new AV Receivers.

Eg (price after trade in):

Marantz SR8200 for $1700

Marantz SR9200 for $2700

Yamaha 2200 for $1388

heeheehee...me traded in my Marantz PM66SE for the SR8200 at $1750. Quite a good price IMHO, considering that the 8200 is selling for $2k++ currently.

Those with old receivers and itching of an upgrade, u might wanna drop in there.

PS : I'm not related to them, just a normal customer.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest damnit

Was there as well 2 days back and they were offering the Panny AE-100 with a 60x60" matt white screen at $2680 ;)

For those short of cash, can pay by DBS credit as well for 12 months but gotta pay the additional 3% gst.

Went to IMM yesterday. The Home Theatre Room is having quite a good trade-in deal for the new AV Receivers.

Marantz SR8200 for $1700

Marantz SR9200 for $2700

Yamaha 2200 for $1388

heeheehee...me traded in my Marantz PM66SE for the SR8200 at $1750. Quite a good price IMHO, considering that the 8200 is selling for $2k++ currently.

Those with old receivers and itching of an upgrade, u might wanna drop in there.

PS : I'm not related to them, just a normal customer.

Hehe....welcome another SR8200 owner...how do U find the Receiver...:) Tell us about it. I personally did a personal rview on it. See whether it reflects well of what you think of it.

;)

to JonLee,

Any other models for trade in beside the 3 you mention ?

Hi Tok...it's better for you to pay a visit down to IMM Building there...or else give a call to June or Edmund.

There's more than that lar...pratcially they deal with all sorts of Amp/Receiver trade in...

to JonLee,

Hi Tok...it's better for you to pay a visit down to IMM Building there...or else give a call to June or Edmund.

There's more than that lar...pratcially they deal with all sorts of Amp/Receiver trade in...

What speakers are u using for your 8200?

It's better to go down personally to enquire as Edmund & June usuallly comes in after 3 or 4pm & most of the time they r too busy to pick up the phone.

They r located at IMM Bldg, #01-49, tel: 6425 6681 (if u r lucky they might pick up the call but mostly they won't review price over phone.

They can even place order for TV & other electrical appliances at lower cost compared to big electrical stores. I've friends who place order thru' them b4.

to JonLee,

Definitely not M&K Speakers...:P

Me using PSB speakers for all my Speaker settings lor.

with HSU Research Subwoofer...

What models can be trade in? How much can my Pioneer VSX-D409 trade in for? Any other place provides trade in?

As far as I'm concerned, Atlantic Technology at IMM Building and KEC Sound also lar...but selectively. Must call up Clarence to find out lor.

;)

to JonLee,

Definitely not M&K Speakers...:P

Me using PSB speakers for all my Speaker settings lor.

with HSU Research Subwoofer...

Which model of Hsu sub are you using?

Just popped into KEC. The Yammie 1200 is $1099 (no trade in).

How much diff between the 1200 and 2200?

How's it compared with, say, the Denon 2802/3802?

;D

Marantz SR8200 for $1700

Marantz SR9200 for $2700

Yamaha 2200 for $1388

If you're going for HT...I think DENON is still one of the BEST!!! IMO

Marantz only the high-end is good for HT...though.

Yammie...I'm not so sure. Rotel/NAD not advisable.

Clarence mentioned reliabilty of Denon a bit suspect and recommended me to get the Yammie 1200.

Not sure yet. Must do a bit of homework first before deciding....

;D

If you're going for HT...I think DENON is still one of the BEST!!! IMO

Marantz only the high-end is good for HT...though.

Yammie...I'm not so sure. Rotel/NAD not advisable.

Guest duckling

Clarence mentioned reliabilty of Denon a bit suspect and recommended me to get the Yammie 1200.

;D

I guess he is talking abt warranty issue...previously Denon's distributor was Hwee Seng but has changed to Denon Singapore.

If you're going for Denon, I suggest AVC-A1SE. I might be getting this Amp provided I can sell my current Amp.

What receiver are u selling? It may interest me... :)

;D

;D

I guess he is talking abt warranty issue...previously Denon's distributor was Hwee Seng but has changed to Denon Singapore.

If you're going for Denon, I suggest AVC-A1SE. I might be getting this Amp provided I can sell my current Amp.

Guest duckling

What receiver are u selling? It may interest me... :)

I am selling my Yammie 2095, pending buyer confirmation within these few days.

Guest jonlee
Marantz 4200/5200/7200/8200/9200. A few more lower end Yammie models. Highest model was 2200. No 3200 on the poster. A few HK models.

No poster indicating denon for trade in, I also did not ask Edmun.

Edmun mentioned the trade in price is for trading in of a pro-logic receiver.

[/quote author=tinytok link=board=11;threadid=5230;start=0#40244 date=1028086193]

to JonLee,