TW100 - Dead Pixel?

Hi,

Any TW100 owners here facing dead pixel/s with their PJ? What is your action?

I have 1 dead pixel in the lower right hand side, just wondering if Epson here would warranty it? I can live with it but if they do warranty it why not.

Regards

rtankm

Yep, no re-course since 2 dead pixels constitues a defect rate of 0.00000217% of the total pixels in a panel.

Of course, epson is not obligied to but may express a guesture of goodwill by exchanging it for you.

Typically, manufacturers tend to do exchange when more than 5-8 dead pixels occur.

Guest joamonte

my old set and new set all got dead pixel.....old set got 5 ,new set so far only saw 2 (but cant see them at certain viewing angle).....so i guess DP is quite impossible to avoid.

:)

If its away from the central area, then I guess you'll just have to live with it.

But hey, Joamonte's got 2 DPs and you've got one. I guess there so much manufacturing yield for such devices.

As I mentioned in my first post, I can live with it but if Epson can warranty it why not.

Joamoate,

Why did u have your TW100 changed recently by Epson? Care to share so I could take note for my unit.

Regards :)

Guest joamonte

becoz of tis loh.....

i think some dust get inside,the Espon S'pore simply change a new set (with later firmware) to me.

BTW how ur screen,decided already?

Hi Joamoate,

There is a green patch on the top right of your screen, but on the last (bottom) pictures didn't see anything wrong. Glad you got a replacement unit.

My unit initially no dead pixel but recently it just come out, don't know why. It dark scene the pixel get display dark too, but when in light color scene it show green. I think 1 color of the LCD pixel when dead.

I am still trying to find time to see the Steward greyhawk etc. but won't buy it as too expensive. I am planning to get the HCCV I think. Exchange rates is not too bad now I think.

Regards,

Richard Tan

Guest joamonte

Hi Joamoate,

There is a green patch on the top right of your screen, but on the last (bottom) pictures didn't see anything wrong. Glad you got a replacement unit.

My unit initially no dead pixel but recently it just come out, don't know why. It dark scene the pixel get display dark too, but when in light color scene it show green. I think 1 color of the LCD pixel when dead.

I am still trying to find time to see the Steward greyhawk etc. but won't buy it as too expensive. I am planning to get the HCCV I think. Exchange rates is not too bad now I think.

Regards,

Richard Tan

i guess when u had ur screen maybe u will see one or two more....touch wood...i really hope u dont find anymore DPs . :)

for my case the DP i saw sometime dissappear if i shift my head a bit,dont urs also? that why i believe i will found at least one or two more DPS at my TW-100later....

BTW wonder are u still using DVL919 as ur source?intersted in comparing a progressive scan DVDP with it?i can bring along my 733a to ur place after u brought ur screen if ur are interested,coz i really keen to know how the 733a+TW-100+HCCV PQ will look like....

PM or EMAIL me if ur are interested after u brought ur screen.

Touch wood, hope no more dead pixel. But I wonder why there seem to be more DP in HT PJ than data projector. I have handle 3 LCD projector 1 x sharp and 2 x sony and they don't have dead pixel even travelling with me oversea (rough handling and improper cool down sometime). Yet I treat my TW100 with care DP came out, hmmmm wonder why?

Which progressive output do you prefer joamoate? From your 733a or using the DCDI? Technically speaking progressive done with DVD player should be better if the de-interlacing chip is as good as DCDI since it is working in the digital domain from the source.

No problem in coming to my house to test the 733a with the HCCV. I hope to place order the next coupler of days.

Regards,

rtankm

Guest joamonte

i also think of order the frabic to install at my motorise dalite,but wonder does the fabic got black backing behind?..

if got black backing maybe i can join a share in the pachasing,a 100"x 70"HCCV fabic cost how much,Tan u know or not?

Joamoate and xebay,

I have 2 quote as follows :-

Projectorpeople.com

45" x 80"

Dalite Permwall

HCCV screen - US$450

Damat screen - same price

Dalite Da Snap (screen inside frame, nicer looking)

HCCV screen - US$760

Damat screen - same price

Shipping per 1 screen and frame to SGP = US$102

Projectorspecs.com

Dalite Permwall HCCV screen 45 x 80 = US$559

Shipping $45

Maybe if we can gather a few confirm buyer, we can ask for a bigger discount.

regards