My Review on Marantz SR8200 Receiver

Heard that the chipset itself is able to decode HDCD...but deliberately turned off for SR8200 Receiver...That's what I heard...But all this are groundless lar...has yet to confirm.

In US, there's such a service provided called "Refurbishing" of existing Amp/Receiver for customers.

In Asian marlet...not too sure.

:P

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see that many members here have migrated from Stereo over to HT...:P

Duckling is one of them...IMO, HT arena has more to offer and more fun to tweak and play with...than Stereo stuff.

;)

Guest duckling

Good to see that many members here have migrated from Stereo over to HT...:P

Duckling is one of them...IMO, HT arena has more to offer and more fun to tweak and play with...than Stereo stuff.

;)

I am not migrating lah...I have both HiFi and HTS setup...given up HiFi cos' my usage is mainly 90% on HTS and only 10% on listening to music...hence sold off my HiFi setup to fully finance my HTS!! ;D

I am not migrating lah...I have both HiFi and HTS setup...given up HiFi cos' my usage is mainly 90% on HTS and only 10% on listening to music...hence sold off my HiFi setup to fully finance my HTS!! ;D

sama sama. but i still keep a basic stereo setup for my music.

btw, can anyone explain thx to me? I thought it is a sound standard by Lucas and to qualify as thx ht, u need to pass tests, including equipts,rooms etc and get a cert, or something like that. Having a thx amp doesn't really meant anything.

or is the diff in thx is so diff than dts/dd that we can hear straight forward?

Chucks,

You actually is right, THX just a reference for each equiment format. While your receiver/speaker are THX certified, then you can play a THX DVD in reference volume that set by Lucas Film without distortion. This mean that THX certified equiment confirmed able to play DVD(THX cetified) distortionless while non THX equiment nobody know.

Is $2k a good price for this Marantz SR8200 new?? ???

Jonathon.. since when r u into HT?? Coz u sold ya stereo liao?

Phil

Nah...i have both HT n Stereo system in my bedroom,jus tat i have no time for stereo nowadays n tot of maybe goin into HT lor...can watch mid nite movies with my gf oso ;D