IGNORED

so u recommend plasma TV or projector?

If given two choices and no budget, main purpose would be watching TV most of the time but also will watch DVD few times per week, which one is better?

Plasma TV or projector?

If main purpose is watching TV, Plasma is the obvious choice.

If main purpose is watching DVD, then projector is the closest that can give you the "cinema" experience.

There is no solution which is "better", but rather your personal preference will determine the choice. :)

kinda begs the question right... No budget...

but seriously Plasma is for the sleekness above all things else... then again it must blend in with your room decor... pointless to have a plasma when you are having the antique look in your living room.

I have been watching dvds off my 17 inch monitor and 21 inch living room tv and still surviving... I do agree that a projector and the works are cool but I just cant convince myself to part with the dough so life's life and I have to do without it...

Guest damnit

was at Ender's place with tcw to check out the Panny AE-100 ... one thing i can say is ... PROJECTOR IS THE WAY TO GO FOR DVDs!!!

Well, if you have no budget contrtaint, then I would agree that the best way to go is to get a CRT projector. With a HTPC, best image you can get. The only negative is bulk and they need a bit more attention than digital projectors.

Unless u watch tv in a dark room, then by all means go for a pj.

But for the kids, wife, parents,in-laws and the dog to use, the plasma would be best in the normal bright living room.

But there's really nothing wrong to use pj with tv, I watch tv on my ae100. ;D ;D ;D.........

playmates on fear factor was really an eye opener.....hahahaha :o :o :o :o

think even if buy a projector still need a decent TV ....

can't really waste the projector lamp's 2000 hrs lifespan to watch normal TV programmes rite ?

Normally, but if you go with a CRT projector, you will get much more than 2000 hours... anything up to 10,000 is possible.

Guest joamonte

think even if buy a projector still need a decent TV ....

can't really waste the projector lamp's 2000 hrs lifespan to watch normal TV programmes rite ?

CRT projector got at least 10000hr lamp life.... ;D

Dun forget that CRTs pj must use a line quadrupler at least, else the scan lines will show very clearly.

Besides, the CRT tubes are more costly than bulbs to replace and there is 3 tubes to replace!

Guest duckling

There are so many brands of Plasma out there, which one do u guys find the picture quality the best? ;)

Toshiba Stasia!!