IGNORED

UPS ...

Guest joamonte

Guest joamonte

i wonder....did anyone use UPS for their system power supply before...

care to share ur experience?

any benifit for those low power cps. EQment,eg CDP,SS PRE amp??

thanks.

i wonder....did anyone use UPS for their system power supply before...

care to share ur experience?

any benifit for those low power cps. EQment,eg CDP,SS PRE amp??

thanks.

From my limited exposure , yes it will give quiter backgrounds , more airy..... but the be careful on the dynamics part. Those UPS that are undercapacity will suffer in the dynamics area. For low power requirements such as CDP , preamps might be OK or not so obvious but on Poweramps especially those high powered ones very obvious.

Guest duckling

UPS is Uninterrupted Power Supply right?

Does that means you want to listen to your HiFi even when there is a PS blackout? ;D

Guest powerman

UPS is Uninterrupted Power Supply right?

Does that means you want to listen to your HiFi even when there is a PS blackout? ;D

the ups will last for not sure that 30mins when there is a blackout.

but this will provide an ample time for you to shutdown the equipment gracefully! especially for those tube gears. ;D

Guest duckling

but this will provide an ample time for you to shutdown the equipment gracefully! especially for those tube gears. ;D

OIC, so it does matter!! :o

Guest joamonte

wow... good reason,powerman.....actually these advantage i really didnt thought of..... :)

i mention tis coz i remember someone told me that Jeff Roland pre and power amp use tecno similar to ON-LINE UPS at their Ti series,their purpose is to clear alway the noise in the AC current and to get a pure Sinewave,it might be ture since UPS used battries to supply their electicity ....and Online-UPS can stable the output voltage too ,if i am not wrong~~ when voltage is low,it rise it;when votage is too high, they "store" it ...

someone in TW HT forum mention the DELTA UPS they tried do have good effect on their HT system.

i know TW are using 110v....but i believe we should be able to find the DELTA UPS at local votage in S'pore..

just that i dont know anyone at tis forum have really tried it B4 ......like to know more about it B4 i go around and scearh for more infro on it...

UPS for Delta...

http://www.deltaww.com/ups/products...e/lc_series.htm

http://www.deltaww.com/ups/products...re/r_series.htm

:)

Has anyone probed the waveform of a UPS voltage output?

When the UPS' batteries are not in use, it'd basically bypass the electric current into your devices. We'd have no idea what's the kind of circuitry inside and what kinda noise & rubbish it'd add to the current.

So are you sure you want to connect your hifi to a UPS?

as far as i know, servers and computers don't really give a damn to how smooth & clean the AC signal is..as long as it's a AC signal of the right amplitude! ;)

not sure if other brands have it..but YBA stuff have such a huge reservoir of power supply that even if you yank off the power cord, the component will still be running for a while before it "shuts down gracefully".

not sure if this is a good or bad thing though...