Minimum Amplifier Power: 7 Watts/channel

Frequency Response: (with port contribution):

+0, -3dB 21 Hz - 21 kHz

DIMENSIONS:

Height: 40.25 inches

Width: 12.25 inches

Depth: 18.5 inches

Weight: WATT: 65 lbs --- Puppy: 105 lbs

System net weight (approx.): 340 lbs (Approx. shipping weight for complete system: 435 lbs)

http://www.wilsonaudio.com/products/wattpuppy/index.html

:)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hifi1

Yes agree with gas. And what do u know abt the shipment? 5 pairs? 10 pairs or 20 pairs???

Not too sure there are that many people taking up a $25+k speakers just like that.

And Wilson is one of those speaker manufacturer that has 'immense improvements' after every upgrade (Watt3/Puppy 2 to current version 7) and immense price increases. The speaker are sure conctructed well and the sound is very very personal. Not everyone likes it so as usual audition and audition.

Yes agree with gas. And what do u know abt the shipment? 5 pairs? 10 pairs or 20 pairs???

Not too sure there are that many people taking up a $25+k speakers just like that.

And Wilson is one of those speaker manufacturer that has 'immense improvements' after every upgrade (Watt3/Puppy 2 to current version 7) and immense price increases. The speaker are sure conctructed well and the sound is very very personal. Not everyone likes it so as usual audition and audition.

As I understand most of the 1st shipment were for those Wilson Version 6 owners upgrading to Version 7. Here comes the business part if the dealer can offer a trade in policy that's very attractive , I'm sure the Version 6 owners can be tempted ;D

Wilsons are not my cup of tea but I repect Dave A Wilson for his brillant marketing and business sense. After all how many Audio Companies will skip a Version 4 like in the case of WAMM & WATT, knowing that sales will be bad for Version 4 especially in the Far East. :)

Btw Wilson's also have very good resale value just like Mercs, Rolex...... ;D

Guest hifi1

Agree totally. first and foremost the agent must have enough profit margin, then they can have an attractive trade in/upgrade policy to make the owners happy to upgrade, then re sell the trade in items overseas (or most of them anyway cos there may not be that many takers for older version unless they are really cheap).

For info any body here knows what is the diff between if the owner of a new 6.1 sells it now?? Is the depreciation 30%, 40% or 50%?? Because from my experience, most high end product's depreciation is abt 40% to 50% (i mean products costing from $10k new).

Of course if u buy it used at 40% discount and then re sell them later, then the depreciation is less but that also applies to other brands.

But anybody with the dough looking for a well constructed pair of speakers with good high end 'pedigree' must listen to them. Dave wilson is surely a shrew marketing designer. For me , I'll get the Amati, not better but different.

Guest joamonte

tis is another pair of my dream spk....

Your dream speakers.......

my dream living room/listening room..... ;D

i guess they keep the hifi set inside the green cabinet...and they use wireless amp that hide inside the spk to drive it,thats why we dont see Spk cable....and lastly,the owner must be very good in "qinggong" in order the jump into the room with the spk blocking the doorway.... ::) ;D

Agree totally. first and foremost the agent must have enough profit margin, then they can have an attractive trade in/upgrade policy to make the owners happy to upgrade, then re sell the trade in items overseas (or most of them anyway cos there may not be that many takers for older version unless they are really cheap).

For info any body here knows what is the diff between if the owner of a new 6.1 sells it now?? Is the depreciation 30%, 40% or 50%?? Because from my experience, most high end product's depreciation is abt 40% to 50% (i mean products costing from $10k new).

Of course if u buy it used at 40% discount and then re sell them later, then the depreciation is less but that also applies to other brands.

But anybody with the dough looking for a well constructed pair of speakers with good high end 'pedigree' must listen to them. Dave wilson is surely a shrew marketing designer. For me , I'll get the Amati, not better but different.

Oh, I almost forgot wait until the Version 8.8 comes out. It'll be Fatt, Fatt, Fatt ....all the way to the bank for Dave Wilson ;D

Guest joamonte

my impression of tis Wilson spk are~~its good at almost all hifi requirnment (low colouration ,tranparancy,dynamic and etc)except "muscial involvement",which is sometime very depend on personal "taste"....

from Watt2/puppy3 until system 6 i notice that its characteristic has become more "warm",which many ppls consider more "musicial"( not really ture IMHO...),but what i like about tis spk is that its got the mid bass "punch" and "speed" that most spk lack of....(even the Grand Slamm i heard at the hifi show also not as "good" as watt & puppy in tis aspect IN MY EAR....).

not doubt it got some weakness (all spks in the world has their own different weakness lah....),its still one of my dream spk....

Guest joamonte

so you've heard the 7.

where did you hear it and what is it partnered with?

when did i said i heard the 7 ??? ?

if i got chances to heard it now,normally that mean i should be rich enough to own it liao lah.... ;D

opps...i c what u mean.... i am talking about my pass impression of system 3/2 til 6 lah... :)

Guest joamonte

BTW there are romour that Sophia (USD$11700)is the reason why VI needs to be replaced.......coz it outperform the SYSTEM 6.... :o

Sophia Specs

Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms, 3 Ohms min.

Woofer: One 10 inch

Midrange: One 7 inch

Tweeter: One 1 inch inverted Titanium Dome

Sensitivity: 89 dB (2.83V at 1 meter)

Minimum Amplifier Power: 12 WPC

Frequency Response: (with port contribution) +0, -3dB 29 Hz - 22.5 kHz

Height: 41 inches

Width: 12 inches

Depth: 18 inches

Shipping Weight:

(approx. for complete system)

400 lbs

Guest hifi1

Hi

1. U can read the reviews how Wilson Watt/puppy's sound become warmer from version 3/2 to version 6.1.

2. U will also know that everytime they change Watt/Puppy version, there is always a 'cheaper' Wilson that 'outperform' and give 'better value' starting from Witt etc

3. I have only heard the Watt3/puppy 2 years ago when shopping for speakers. Didn't really like the presentation (personal) and never heard the later versions.

4. And not surprising the speakers never sound good or worth their money during exhibition. As any audiophile will tell u, to get good sound during exhibition is luck, to get bad sound is normal.

5. My experience so far with the Amati is similar, not 'good' enough yet but I only heard it in 4 diff setups and mostly short intervals. Cannot make any comments or conclusion but if I were to choose bet both, then I will take the Amati.

6. Still curious to know how many people upgraded/traded their 6s for the 7s. Anyone has that info??

Cheers

Guest joamonte

Hi

1. U can read the reviews how Wilson Watt/puppy's sound become warmer from version 3/2 to version 6.1.

2. U will also know that everytime they change Watt/Puppy version, there is always a 'cheaper' Wilson that 'outperform' and give 'better value' starting from Witt etc

3. I have only heard the Watt3/puppy 2 years ago when shopping for speakers. Didn't really like the presentation (personal) and never heard the later versions.

4. And not surprising the speakers never sound good or worth their money during exhibition. As any audiophile will tell u, to get good sound during exhibition is luck, to get bad sound is normal.

5. My experience so far with the Amati is similar, not 'good' enough yet but I only heard it in 4 diff setups and mostly short intervals. Cannot make any comments or conclusion but if I were to choose bet both, then I will take the Amati.

6. Still curious to know how many people upgraded/traded their 6s for the 7s. Anyone has that info??

Cheers

well,i didnt see any review said that system 6 is warmer then the system 3/2 coz i sedem read english audio review,however i did saw about 2 chinese review said that the new pair is more "musical".....

BTW i did compare system 3/2 and 6 in a 2nd hand at HK side by side with the same ML setup for 2/3 hrs,i do feel that system 6 has become a bit darker in high Fc and fuller on low mid,that why i said system 6 is "warmer" compare to system 3/2...but more "muscial" or not i dont know... ::)

i like Amati too,but its not my "dream" spk coz personally i like spk that had "strong charateristic" in look and sound like MBL 101,Watt/Puppy,ATC 100/200/300,Westlake horn and etc..

Amati sound not bad IMO but perhap due to those Chiaso,Jamo or even some China made spk look about the same sytle with Amati,thus dnot really hit my heart like W/P and etc...

to me "sound" and "look" of a Eqment are equally important,look must be speacial ,and let the non audiophile friend say "WOW" when they saw it....very inmature indeed... ;D

Guest hifi1

Yes and that is clever marketing. So getting suckers if u want to put it bluntly. It makes u want to 'upgrade' becos u seem to be taken for a ride and the circle goes on.

Still prefer manufacturer that upgrade their product once in a long time (like some German ones). It means the finished product is of a high designed and 'complete' quality and changing a few resistors/capacitors will not make them mk2,mk3,mk4. A hi fi guru (my personal opinion) once told me

abt upgrading/limited edition/special edition products is

"Diff yes but better?"

Cheers

Guest joamonte

if that is the real reason, then all the 6 owners will feel like fools.

hahaha....maybe that the way to "promote" the Sophia and system 7... ;D

Guest hifi1

Hihi

1. I normally go during weekdays. Plenty of 'room' and 'time' for me that is if I do go down. This way I do not need to jostle for attention with the millionaires or big spenders.

2. and I only window shop if I want to buy something. Not the curious type who likes to see what is the latest and greatest becos I can get tempted very easily.

3. Listening to MSFL Muddy Waters gold disc now and I must say I really do not think there are many shops in Adelphi that can give me a better presentation. Please do not slam me for this statement.

4. And for those that are window shopping, enjoy yourselves. I remember the good old days when I am always in

Aldelphi (maybe clocked 20 to 25 hours a week). Real good time.

Cheers

Guest joamonte

i did ask one of my friend with tis same Question....

he ask back...

"i buy hifi system pupose is to listen music at my home wat....why go showroom listen to system that didnt tune according to my ear,when finally i got my chances to listen my system for the whole afternoon?.... " ;D

some point there.... :)

further more,for me nowadays my main attention has shift to the HT,so those hifi at the adelphi window dont really interest me like they used to be anymore.......

unless its real $$$ one like WATT/PUPPY 7 of couse... ;D

My equipment also not maximised leh..wana sponsor?? kekeke

i did ask one of my friend with tis same Question....

he ask back...

"i buy hifi system pupose is to listen music at my home wat....why go showroom listen to system that didnt tune according to my ear,when finally i got my chances to listen my system for the whole afternoon?.... " ;D

some point there.... :)

further more,for me nowadays my main attention has shift to the HT,so those hifi at the adelphi window dont really interest me like they used to be anymore.......

unless its real $$$ one like WATT/PUPPY 7 of couse... ;D

Going to hifi shops only intensify the heartache of seeing excellent or your favorite equipment being denied the chance to show their full potential.

Cheers

I just spoke to a friend who sold off his 6 and is waiting for the 7 to arrive. Among his Kakis already seven guys have sold their 6s (with dealer's help) and are upgrading to the 7s and there are other guys who also bought the 7s and are not upgrading from the 6s. Another Wilson triava for you, there is currently 1 WAMM $190K+ (cost of speakers alone) in Singapore , used to be 2 WAMMs around. There are quite a few well heeled audiophiles around. Unfortunately I'm not one of them ;D

Guest hifi1

So we see that most of the sales were to converts (at least from the prelim data).

thanks for the info. I actually considered the Grand slamm years ago except my 4 room flat was too small hahahaha.

I thought there are more than that including the guy who appeared on 1-audio with it.

I think the Wilson information is quite accurate as it comes from a Wilson owner who has good contacts with High End Research.

There is another Mega Bucks Speaker as well the Genesis One are you refering to that instead ?

Guest powerman

think its the wamm, the robot looking speaker from wilson. very few people can afford it and lesser people have space for it.

there are people who can afford the wamm but they are more keen in car and ... women! ;D

Guest joamonte

there are people who can afford the wamm but they are more keen in car and ... women! ;D

sorry for out of topic.

mnnn....spend $190000 on women are very stupid thing IMHO....either that women wanna cheat ur money or she dont love u at all.....

Guest joamonte

wife is different story,my $ is her $ (..and her $ is her $!....no lah,just kiding... ;D ) so i am not "spending" on her,its spending on "us".....

i thought "women" mention above is either mean girlfriend or...mistress or even "chicken"($190000 / $150=????times :o)....me really evil minded.... 8)