IGNORED

Special!! Japan Infocomm Report

Guest joamonte

Guest joamonte

written by Dr Lin(TW MyAV HT forum Moderator)

taken from here.

Special!! Japan Infocomm Report

Well, as promised, here is the quick report.

Japan Infocomm is traditionally more of a presentation machine expo. But like US Infocomm, there is a gradual trend of more video machines ...

1. New RPTV

Actually, there are three new RPTV ...

Epson has a ELR-RM50 using TW-100's LCD panel, 1280x720, available now. The ID design is still very "business" like, unlike other Japanese competitions, Sony, Victor who have better ID design. The image is decent, showing 1080i, however, it still has LCD's "vertical Stripe", I guess this is LCD fate. The manufacture claims 1000:1 contrast of its engine or panel, but the system contrast is far from the claim.

Delta has a 42", 4x3, 800x600 using DDR DMD. Good ID design, silver front and dark body. It's only showing PC slides. Claim 700:1 contrast. However, DDR DMD should be more capable than that ... Since no video is shown, we'll have to wait until it comes out.

Optoma shows its 50", 16x9 DLP HD2 chip, 1280x720, claim 1500:1 contrast. Showing 1080i, it gathers quite a crowd constantly. Though it's a prototype, the image is quite promising. Using 5x color wheel, rainbow is much less.

2. New Video Projector

There are not many new video projectors, I thought I can see Z10000 in action, however, it did not show up! Instead, Yamaha's latest LCD projector LPX-500 shows up in a dedicated Home Theater room. Supposedly OEM/ODM from Epson, it shares similar image with Wpson TW100, which was also demo in a dark room with very impressive result.

But ... I did catch something, the rumored 480p projector using DDR DMD chip from Sharp -- XV-Z90S. With a similar ID to Z9000, but smaller, it is indeed a Z9000 Small. Though a prototype, the image is quite impressive. Lens shift, 1200:1, DLP's black level, siad to sell at JP 300000yen, it should shake the ground of SVGA grade video projector. They said it will hit the market on 8/23.

3. Shoot Out

There are 3 720p in action: TW100, Z9000 and VW12, 3 480p in action: Pinao HE3200, Sharp Z90S and Mitsubishi's L01. All fed with the same 1080i/DVD signal, I have to say TW100 and Z90S are the better ones. However, I thought Z9000 was not tuned well, it should look better than being shown.

That's it for now. I'll see if I miss anything tomorrow.

:)

Guest joamonte

i really have doubt that the TW-100 is better then 12HT...may be the 12 HT not yet run in...who know.... ::)