IGNORED

New Scalars from Viewsonic

Viewsonic has announced two low cost video scalers that look promising for budget conscience home theater owners. The NextVision 5 and the more upscale NextVision 6 will list for $150 and $200 respectively and are expected to be in stores in July 2002. The both models will accept video input via composite and s-video inputs and the NextVision 6 also offers a component video (e.g., from a DVD player) input. Both units will scale the video up to any of several higher standard PC resolutions when connected to a compatible display via the unit's RGB (VGA) output. The NextVision 6 also supports the HDTV resolutions of 720p and 1080i making it well suited for use with a HDTV monitor or projector. The unit also includes 3:2 pull down for improved display of film based material (e.g., movies from DVD).

Guest joamonte

can its 3/2 pulldown shut off and let the projecter or DVDP do the job?....a $200 3/2 pulldowm curcuit(what chip?)....mnnn..

even the Pioneer 838A/733a/AX-10 DVDP 3/2 pull down effect some ppls said are lousy...... ::)

Shut off the DVDP's de-interlacing? I thot thats what u've been doing all the while.... ??? ??? Otherwise, you have been seeing lousy de-interlacing.

I think you should try to let the Epsons superior DCDi do the deinterlacing, rather than to let the pioneer DVDP do the de-interlacing.

yes, its true, pioneers DVDP 3/2 pulldown is lousy in contrast to DCDi.

Give the DCDi a chance to do the job it was designed for! Shut down 733a's de-interlacer.

can its 3/2 pulldown shut off and let the projecter or DVDP do the job?....a $200 3/2 pulldowm curcuit(what chip?)....mnnn..

even the Pioneer 838A/733a/AX-10 DVDP 3/2 pull down effect some ppls said are lousy...... ::)

Does that mean that the Q50 gives a better progressive picture quality than the 733A?

I'm also interested to know.

Why don't you bring your Q50 to Jag's shootout, and check it out with joamonte's Pioneer 733a. :)

Guest joamonte

i believe the Q50 will have less chances to see comb(motion artifacts) and lost of motion detail then 733a when watch firm soure,which require 3-2 pull down/firm mode de-interlacing...

but for video soure ( eg concert DVD...),their perfromence on de-interlacing in video mode i guess will be the about same,since it dont need to do the 3-2 pulldown part..

the Genesis chipset use in 733a weakness is film soure de-interlacing.

tis is what i understand from here.. :)

but talk about PQ,contrast and resolution(especially in dark scene) of 480p output,is 733a strong point IMHO (benifit from the 12bit 108mhz video processing?)...TW-100 DCDi can do notting to help 733a 480i output on tis two area(remenber its main job is de-interlacing)....in fact get worse with its softer PQ.....wonder how about the Q50....

:)

Where to try & buy ?

Viewsonic has announced two low cost video scalers that look promising for budget conscience home theater owners. The NextVision 5 and the more upscale NextVision 6 will list for $150 and $200 respectively and are expected to be in stores in July 2002. The both models will accept video input via composite and s-video inputs and the NextVision 6 also offers a component video (e.g., from a DVD player) input. Both units will scale the video up to any of several higher standard PC resolutions when connected to a compatible display via the unit's RGB (VGA) output. The NextVision 6 also supports the HDTV resolutions of 720p and 1080i making it well suited for use with a HDTV monitor or projector. The unit also includes 3:2 pull down for improved display of film based material (e.g., movies from DVD).