IGNORED

Bryston Power Amp

Guest duckling

Guest duckling

Hi guys,

anyone know who is the authorised dealer for Brytson?

The reply from Bryston CA is AFA Electronics - couldn't believe my eyes!!

Can anyone confirm?

Guest duckling

err it has been afa for s'pore for some time already. why couldn't you believe your eyes?

My mistake...I thought they only sell AFA cables...and PSB speakers - I guess.

Guest duckling

I am new to Power Amp - never play with one before.

I assume I need a reasonably good interconnect to link up my Yahama 2095 AV Amp (Pre Out) to the Power Amp? Just like Interconnect from CDP to Int Amp?

A little help from those experienced members, please.

Thanks.

I assume I need a reasonably good interconnect to link up my Yahama 2095 AV Amp (Pre Out) to the Power Amp? Just like Interconnect from CDP to Int Amp?

Thanks.

Yupz.....best is to have same interconnects for all your pre-out channels.

Guest joamonte

My mistake...I thought they only sell AFA cables...and PSB speakers - I guess.

remember...?... they sell PMC speaker,PMC recommend to use their spk with Bryston,Bryaton even made power amp for PMC Active model...

and dont know why,in HK,TW,JP.....PMC import dealer are also Bryston import dealer........

:)

Thanks.

I am using the Au24 to run from my Yammie AZ1 pre-out to my MF power amp.

Guest duckling

Thanks guys....but I guess Bryston is way above my budget. Just realised from AFA that the 6B ST (3 channels) cost $7000+.

Duckling, why are you looking for power amp? Are you considering to change to bigger speakers or are you feeling that the Yammie is not able to drive your current speakers?

I listened to the 14B recently and IMHO felt that the presentation was too dry and not involving for music. Cannot remember the speakers used then but they said the speakers were not run in yet. Maybe.....

Guest duckling

Duckling, why are you looking for power amp? Are you considering to change to bigger speakers or are you feeling that the Yammie is not able to drive your current speakers?

I listened to the 14B recently and IMHO felt that the presentation was too dry and not involving for music. Cannot remember the speakers used then but they said the speakers were not run in yet. Maybe.....

I am upgrading and the speaker I am looking at is power hunger type, need at least 200 wpc to make it sing - but all these are according to foreign user review.

Might just consider the Rotel Power Amp since those Bryston / ML etc., are beyong my ability.

Guest joamonte

why dont try the ATC active spk??i think i saw their ad last sat...SCM-10A for $2000++(around that,not comfirm,need to check)

its good in both HT and music ! save d trouble to look 4 power amp to match d spk....

sure good IMHO,trust me!!

Guest powerman

I am upgrading and the speaker I am looking at is power hunger type, need at least 200 wpc to make it sing - but all these are according to foreign user review.

Might just consider the Rotel Power Amp since those Bryston / ML etc., are beyong my ability.

someone in www.echoloft.com felt that his 8008st is too boomy, may be you want to buy the amp from him? ;D

Guest duckling

uh afa doesn't sell psb.

what speakers are you eyeing that is so power hungry? i thought its the voltage not wattage that counts?

Thank you for your feedback...but don't wish to discuss abt the speakers.

I agree with you that it's not just the watts that counts, other factors are important as well.

AFA having sale right now, the one at Floor 1 and closer to KEC.

Maybe you can hv a good bargain.

Just my 2Cents.

Thanks.

Guest joamonte

why dont try the ATC active spk??i think i saw their ad last sat...SCM-10A for $2000++(around that,not comfirm,need to check)

its good in both HT and music ! save d trouble to look 4 power amp to match d spk....

sure good IMHO,trust me!!

getting actives is cool but the cost of the dedicated processor may be pretty high (I'm not sure exactly how high is high though). So the total package may/may not be more cost effective.

i thought his yammy AV amp got front pre out,so why need processor... ???

The new model is SST as opposed to ST. The power rating has also been increased. While the 4B ST is 250Wpc, I think the 4B SST is like 300 or 350 Wpc! Therefore sale. Their 7B ST is particularly attractive at $6000 plus.