IGNORED

GP Acoustics in Aldephi

Khooktd

Thanks for the heads up...did you see what they had on display/demonstration?

Went on Saturday too. Interested in their Nordost Quattro Fil phono cables. The salesman Bill was quite friendly. He demoed the Gamut set-up with Nordost Valhalla cables. They carried the TACT RCS too for those who are having room problems and need correction.

Went on Saturday too. Interested in their Nordost Quattro Fil phono cables. The salesman Bill was quite friendly. He demoed the Gamut set-up with Nordost Valhalla cables. They carried the TACT RCS too for those who are having room problems and need correction.

ah..the TACT RCS - Did you by any chance check out how much they're selling that now? ::)

them Valhallas.....a metre of that costs more than some of our systems.. ;D

There are many versions of the TACT RCS2. Fully featured, in the region of 7-8K+ (with DD, DA, AD modules). Did not have the chance to listen to it though. For Valhalla interconnect, 1 meter 5.9K, spkr cables 8ft pair 10.6K.

Annapurna, how much is the Quattro Fil phono cables?

Khoo, the list price is $1620 for 1.25m terminated with din and rca. GP will give a slight discount if serious in buying. Call me for more details.

Guest joamonte

There are many versions of the TACT RCS2. Fully featured, in the region of 7-8K+ (with DD, DA, AD modules). Did not have the chance to listen to it though. For Valhalla interconnect, 1 meter 5.9K, spkr cables 8ft pair 10.6K.

i heard the TACT at last year oct. Hong Kong high end show...

wow....big different when they compare the bypass and EQ mode....if win toto,i will buy 3 sets for my multi channel system and save all the trouble of doing the room accoutic....

:)

i heard the TACT at last year oct. Hong Kong high end show...

wow....big different when they compare the bypass and EQ mode....if win toto,i will buy 3 sets for my multi channel system and save all the trouble of doing the room accoutic....

Yes it is good! I heard the earlier version at home when I loaned it back 2 yrs ago. You can save some money too as you can use it as a DAC and preamp.

Guest joamonte

i remember the NAD also got somethings look like and funtion like the TACT......anyone know about it?

is it ....cheaper? ;D

i remember the NAD also got somethings look like and funtion like the TACT......anyone know about it?

is it ....cheaper? ;D

The one I borrowed is a NAD. NAD and TACT used to be the same company - related somehow. The NAD unit is actually the same as TACT unit.

Guest joamonte

The one I borrowed is a NAD. NAD and TACT used to be the same company - related somehow. The NAD unit is actually the same as TACT unit.

thanks for the infro....

just curious....why u return it since u think it is good...not worth that kind of $ in ur opinion??

Wah the new GP shop looks bery modern with ZEN JAPs design layout. Doesn't look like showrm at all.

I was there yesterday evening and the shop hv 5 - 6 ppls/staffs sitting in the shop. Times are bad har, not a single soul.

Just my 2Cents.

Hopefully not too old news.

Went down Adelphi over the weekend and found that GP Acoustics has open shop on ground floor in Aldephi. So now no need to go to Tanney Lane for Nordost, KEF,....stuff.

thanks for the infro....

just curious....why u return it since u think it is good...not worth that kind of $ in ur opinion??

IMO, the RCS (TACT/NAD) is good value for money considering that it a room correction system, DAC and preamp in one unit and it perform very well in all the 3 functions. The reason I return it is being a tube sound lover, I would still like to live with my tube preamp and buying the RCS without using the preamp is quite wasteful (I'm referring to the dollar value). Furhtermore I have a external DAC at that time and do not need to use tbe build in DAC of the RCS. For the record, during an AB that I carried out, the RCS DACs convincingly bettered my Sonic Frontier SFD1MKII in my system.