IGNORED

Anyone heard b4 Mainstream Cables (Made in Singapore)

Bought a pair together with power cords. Totally regretted it afterwards. As my inherently bright system sounded brighter after a few days run-in.

Strengths - Airy, extended highs and lows, better soundstage, imaging

Weaknesses - Compromise in PRaT, speed, coherence, musicality

If anybody interested I can sell them mine. Not suitable to my taste but some people might like them. And Kelvin, if you are reading, I'm still counting on your promise to help me sell them.

I have called him on and off since APRIL and he agreed to help me look out for buyers ... but he said must give him time ... so far, I didn't get any calls from interested buyers? He gave my contacts to some people interested in trading only. Sigh ... so anybody who likes the strengths and doesn't care abt the weakness of mainstream cables ... do me a favor ... while I wait for Kelvin ...

• 2 weeks later...

Managed to sell off my powercord, and Kelvin bartered some cables + top up some cash and took back the mainstream speaker cables. Deciding between keeping the NBS from the barter, or sticking to my Naim cables and selling NBS off. Anybody interested? My amp still available too. :P

The NBS cables came with certificates of authenticity, so I presume they aren't fakes. But I can't find the model (Dragonfly?) on the NBS website.

Kelvin is the dealer for Mainstream cables. Didn't take back the cables outright but compromised for barter + top up.

The NBS sounds sorta in the same class as Naim cables (to my ears). Comparatively, it gives more details, but it is slower.

As for the mainstreams, people who listen vocals will like them. Not for people like me who play fast pop music ... with the occasional audiophile stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

i am currently using mainstream speaker cables feel that the bass and sound are both good . but a little less musical

Using a acurus integrated 150 watter to drive it . good match both emphasie the bass and mids.it beats my analysis plus oval 14 flat .

but dont think that suitable for tube gears and blue circle stuff as it will cause it to be less musical.

more for the aragon krell and the like. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi..wondering if anyone knows what the Mainstream cables are made of? Had bought the Andante speaker cables and interconnect. Yes overall it is a major improvement over my Kimble 8TC cables...but I am still curious about the specs of the cables. Kelvin cannot provided me with any. Anybody has any idea?

Guest desmondl

Hi maverickx. Could I know how much you bought the Andante speaker cables and interconnects? If it's not convenient to post here, please IM me :) I tried the same speaker cables b4.

So,who has mainstream cable for sale now? Pls provide contacts and models.thanks