IGNORED

Yammy 1200 no digital coaxial?

but i see behind the amp, one of the optical is labelled dvd. there are two coaxial but one is labelled as cd and the other as sat. so i connect to where?

and btw, i can just connect my video cable from dvdp to my tv rather to the amp and then from amp to tv rite?

but i see behind the amp, one of the optical is labelled dvd. there are two coaxial but one is labelled as cd and the other as sat. so i connect to where?

and btw, i can just connect my video cable from dvdp to my tv rather to the amp and then from amp to tv rite?

If I'm not wrong, one of the co-axial can be reassigned to DVD player. My yammy 800 allows this. Read your manual.

Guest duckling

My Yammie 2095 has only one Digital Coaxial Input and it is assign to CD.

Whenever I want to play DVD, I just switch the input selector to CD instead of DVD.

Talking about assigning,...

1) Optical inputs are fully assignable, so any optical input can be assigned to any source.

2) Optical outputs are fully assignable.

3) Digital inputs are also fully assignable to any input.

4) Component video inputs are also fully assignable to any video input.

Guest damnit

hey chucks, i had the same issue when i first bought my yammy ... in the end, used the coaxial which is assigned to CD ... juz like wat duckling did :D

hey chucks, i had the same issue when i first bought my yammy ... in the end, used the coaxial which is assigned to CD ... juz like wat duckling did :D

I am going to plug the coaxial to the one assigned to cd too and then reassign that jack to DVD using the remote. So after that does it meant that when i pressed dvd on the remote the amp would take signal from the coaxial instead of the optical?

thanks all again.

Guest damnit

no lah after u switch the coaxial cable to the one assigned for CD ... u should press the CD button on the remote ... rite? ;D

Rite and wrong for both.

Yammy 2095 is not re-assignable, so CD Digital-in is assigned permanently to CD.

New yammy from RX-V800 are re-assignable. So a digital in that supposed to be dedicated for DVD can be re-assigned to be digital-in for CD.

Rite and wrong for both.

Yammy 2095 is not re-assignable, so CD Digital-in is assigned permanently to CD.

New yammy from RX-V800 are re-assignable. So a digital in that supposed to be dedicated for DVD can be re-assigned to be digital-in for CD.

i m confused now.

mine is the yammy 1200. the coaxial is originally assigned to cd. so now i plug it to my dvd and using the remote i reassigned that jack to be dvd. rite so far?

if the above step is correct, that means that on the remote i should press dvd now. if still press cd, then i reassign for wat?

another qn that bothers me is regarding the video output. i can just directly connect from dvd to tv w/o going to the av amp and then to tv rite?

the subwoofer config is another headache. i will try to figure it out first. if cannot i will come here for advise.

thanks.

"i m confused now.

mine is the yammy 1200. the coaxial is originally assigned to cd. so now i plug it to my dvd and using the remote i reassigned that jack to be dvd. rite so far?"

Right on!

"if the above step is correct, that means that on the remote i should press dvd now. if still press cd, then i reassign for wat?"

So wat for press CD? ??? ??? Since the optical jack is now DVD's property.

"another qn that bothers me is regarding the video output. i can just directly connect from dvd to tv w/o going to the av amp and then to tv rite?"

Yes u can. But u lose out on being able to switch sources on the amp.

"the subwoofer config is another headache. i will try to figure it out first. if cannot i will come here for advise.

thanks."

No prob,..... I use a 2200 myself, so I should know yammys x200 amps inside out.

Guest damnit

My Yammie 2095 has only one Digital Coaxial Input and it is assign to CD.

Whenever I want to play DVD, I just switch the input selector to CD instead of DVD.

heh sorry for the confusion ... din know yours is assignable :P ... my setup similar to duckling ... only 1 digital coax assigned to CD (fixed) ... so the only choice is to connect the DVD player to that coax input and switch the input selector to CD :)

as for connection to the TV, IMO, juz connect from dvdp component video output to the TV direct if all you have is only a receiver, dvdp and tv

ask all you want here ... lots of helpful guys in this forums ... and you dun have to pay ;D