IGNORED

M&K speakers

Have any of you heard M&K speakers? Budget about 1k/pr. Heard the Xenon 25 but not impressed. Anyone heard the LCR55? This one uses the same tweeter as their THX speakers. Or are they any 1k/pr speakers I should consider for HT? M&K markup seems quite high too.

Guest duckling

If I am not wrong, there are 1 or 2 members here that owns Full M&K Speaker Setup. Maybe they can comment.

Guest duckling

If there are, I would appreciate your feedback. I couldn't find any members using M&K in the equipment lists. Thanks.

For info, not all members here post their setup in Planet Equipment List. :)

Guest duckling

Those M&K speakers are bookshelf speakers, the Original stands alone cost $800 per pair!!

I bet it shld be better to get those floorstanders for HTS application if you're using them in the Living Room.

Saw those review and lots of users overseas claims that M&K is not suitable for Stereo Setup.

Don't own M&K, but my friend does. His is a THX setup... sounds absolutely great!

Unfortunately, the pricing too steep for me..... :)

;D

How much did it cost him?

M&K make relatively high end stuff, sold by Mr. and Mrs. Tan in Adelphi top floor. I think their price is quite comparable to those found on the M&K website, so they do not mark it up by that much.

http://www.mksound.com/

Just because M&K makes high end speakers, does not naturally mean their entry level stuff is good too. More importantly, "good" is relative to your ears.

When it comes to the lower end of M&K, you should also compare it against the Definative Technology from Ong Radio. They sort of have a similar kind of sound.

Guest duckling

Don't own M&K, but my friend does. His is a THX setup... sounds absolutely great!

;D

The 750 THX system cost abt $4800 w/o the stands which cost abt $780 per pair.

If you're going for 750 THX system, I suggest you change ur surround speakers to Tripole type which needs another $800 or so.

;D

The 750 THX system cost abt $4800 w/o the stands which cost abt $780 per pair.

If you're going for 750 THX system, I suggest you change ur surround speakers to Tripole type which needs another $800 or so.

Pheeeeweeee.... I think I better go hide my Mission!! whahahahahaa...

Phil

M&K make relatively high end stuff, sold by Mr. and Mrs. Tan in Adelphi top floor. I think their price is quite comparable to those found on the M&K website, so they do not mark it up by that much.

Just because M&K makes high end speakers, does not naturally mean their entry level stuff is good too. More importantly, "good" is relative to your ears.

When it comes to the lower end of M&K, you should also compare it against the Definative Technology from Ong Radio. They sort of have a similar kind of sound.

I know M&K's higher end stuff is always highly reviewed but seldom hear about their entry level stuff. Will go listen to some of their other models next mth.

Have you heard the Def Tech speakers? Where is Ong Radio now? Can't rem if it is Centrepoint, Plaza Sing or somewhere place in Orchard.....

Guest joamonte

its a pity the M&K showroom only use a cheap Sony AV AMP to demo their spk...didnt really show how good M&K spk can really performance... ::)

I know M&K's higher end stuff is always highly reviewed but seldom hear about their entry level stuff. Will go listen to some of their other models next mth.

Have you heard the Def Tech speakers? Where is Ong Radio now? Can't rem if it is Centrepoint, Plaza Sing or somewhere place in Orchard.....

Ong Radio is located at Centrepoint, 2nd level.