The Attic Record Shop still around?

used to frequent this shop (seldom buy though) at lucky plaza when i was in sec school. The owner is Bob or thats what we call him. later they shifted to centrepoint. are they still around and sellin vinyl? their prices for vinyl (imported) back in 1980 was $25!!!

used to frequent this shop (seldom buy though) at lucky plaza when i was in sec school. The owner is Bob or thats what we call him. later they shifted to centrepoint. are they still around and sellin vinyl? their prices for vinyl (imported) back in 1980 was $25!!!

were they from lucky plaza ????

back then only knew of supreme records and sing records were in lucky plaza..I am toking abt ard 1984..

but did visit them while at centrepoint...abit snob type...famous for bringing in non-mainstream album.

yup, they were from lucky plaza 4th floor. used to go there oogling oni, no money to buy at $25 when normal price ard then was $12! we would go there in our school uniforms to hang around much to the displeasure of bob! ;D

I used to frequent Attic @ Lucky Plaza and later @ Centrepoint to buy imported UK and US pressings. At one point, collected coloured vinyls, and became obsessed to buy all the available colours of a certain title. If Bob didn't have them, would spend (waste ?) tons of money importing myself from UK. Recalled that CBS Singapore's pressings always had a constant hiss, especially the first vinyl track, so had to buy CBS US or CBS Japan (really expensive, those Japanese vinyls).

Supreme Records has some imported pressings, so did Kwang Sia at Colombo Court, but they couldn't match Attic's range of exotica.

Bob has always been pushy ... guess he hasn't changed thru' the years.

hi wat color vinyls do u guys have ?

for me,,also fall into that craze during college days,,

most of them were DM albums....the "Some Great Rewards" & "Black Celebration" is grey while "Muzik for the Masses" is in a cool blue and the single "never let me down again" is a cool orange !!!

also have a my PSB "Actually" album is in transparent/white color..very cool..still remember rushing down to supreme record at plaza singapura to get it..

those were the days...

btw,,,i think tat guy in attic is called bobby yeo,was featured in papers years ago when he was still having those afro hairstyle...

Attic's LP prices varies. For the NOS, it is $10 each. For the latest release, some can be as high as $45 each. All his new release discs are negotiable, you can get more discount if you are a regular. I bought some LPs from him recently - Bryan Ferry live double LPs, Beatles Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Heart Club, Deep Purple, Gary Numan, Jewel.....

used to order those picture disc lps/singles from uk. :P a pic disc lp definitely looks better than a pic disc cd! some are shaped some more!

Eh Chowbotak

You want pics on LPs, just paste some photos on it lor, can put your fav girl on the LP also. ;D

Eh Chowbotak

You want pics on LPs, just paste some photos on it lor, can put your fav girl on the LP also. ;D

deh! these picture disc vinyl are pressed type, not sticker label type like some cds.

i don paste fav girls on my cds, i paste them on my bathroom wall! ;D