IGNORED

Newbie qns regarding home theatre

Hi, got some qns that I need to clarify. Despite reading some of the posts, there are some issues that i dun really understand.

my tv is onli capable till s-video, while i m waiting for the new one with component input to arrive next week, i will have to tahan this for now.

1. when connecting dvdp to av receiver i connect the digital coxial out from the dvdp to the in of the receiver. right so far? the digital out is onli for sound rite?

2. then wat abt the s-video? there is s-video out from the dvd, do i connect the other end to the tv s-video input or the receiver, as i see a s-video behind the receiver. but then this a s-video output. then where is the input? or did i get it all wrong in the first place.

pls help.

thanks.

Guest duckling

In your case, for best picture quality just use a S-Video Cable, connect from DVD-P to TV. Skip the Amp part which is not necessary and most of the time degrade Picture quality.

Hope this helps.

In your case, for best picture quality just use a S-Video Cable, connect from DVD-P to TV. Skip the Amp part which is not necessary and most of the time degrade Picture quality.

Hope this helps.

hmm...then wat abt the audio part? so can connect s-video from dvdp to tv directly and at the same time connect the digital out from dvdp to av amp?

thanks.

Guest duckling

hmm...then wat abt the audio part? so can connect s-video from dvdp to tv directly and at the same time connect the digital out from dvdp to av amp?

thanks.

Yes, connect the Digital (preferably Digital Coaxial output) from DVD-P to AV Amp - to enjoy DD 5.1 / DTS etc.

1 question,

Is optical digital out inferior to coaxial digital??

Generally, most ppl prefer coaxial to digital. However, you gotta find it out yourself by trying out both to find out which suit your taste.

In most cases, you should not be able to tell any difference as they basically are used to transfer digital data from one end to another. Over such a short distance, there should not be any problems.

Good thing about coax cables as they are less fragile than optical cables.

;D

1 question,

Is optical digital out inferior to coaxial digital??

Guest duckling

On the other hand, Digital Coax cables are prone to interferences, so make sure you that those true 75 ohms type.

I heard abt it in the Sound & Vision Home Theater Tune Up DVD.