IGNORED

Spirited Away Now Available!!!

Just got my copy of Spirited Away (2-Discs Set) at Music Warehouse today @ $27 only!!! But what everyone will be interested is... does this Region 3 release include the soundtrack in the almighty DTS-ES? The answer is ... YES!!! Contrary to what they had stated on the front cover which states it offers Dolby Digital 5.1, it's actually in DTS-ES (half-rate though :( ). Comes with additional Catonese 2.0 and Japanese 2.0 soundtracks as well. Subtitles include English, Chinese and Japanese. As for the bonus discs, it features the storyboard comparison features and The Making Of... featurette but both are in japanese with Chinese subtitles only. The visual is superb but the navigation menu kinda sucks though. Oh well... for those of you who can't wait for the Region-1 to be finally released, seek solace in this one here first... the soundtrack rocks!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I know it's the hong kong version Mr. Tall Man!!! whahaha... dying to watch the show and since its only $27, might as well buy first and fulfil my craving... it's the japanese DTS that's most important anyway. So enjoying the thundering JIN-ROH at home??? :)

Guest Jerry

I also received my R2 Japanese version of Spirited Away last night. Tested it a bit and the picture and sound quality are fantastic. Haven't seen the 2nd disc yet so dunno what extras it may contain.

Anyway, for those who ordered the R2 version, what is that gift that comes along with the DVD? Dun seem to be able to make out what it is leh.

I also received my R2 Japanese version of Spirited Away last night. Tested it a bit and the picture and sound quality are fantastic. Haven't seen the 2nd disc yet so dunno what extras it may contain.

Anyway, for those who ordered the R2 version, what is that gift that comes along with the DVD? Dun seem to be able to make out what it is leh.

that is the rice ball that the lead actress eat in the movie.

I dont think there is any red tint for R2 as from the feedback of ntuc. I still havent collect my R2 yet.

If our side dont see any red tint then it could be due to the US TV NTSC is different from Japan NTSC in term of colour

Guest Jerry

My R2 version no red tint leh. The transfer is very good. The DTS soundtrack also damn shiok! Made my whole room tremble... ;D

Guest Unigraphics

Pardon my ill-knowledge,

but whats the difference between the hong kong vs the singapore version. Laserflair selling the title don't know if its' singapore or Hong Kong set).

How can I differentiate which is Singaporean and which is Hong Kong?

Thanks in advance

Pardon my ill-knowledge,

but whats the difference between the hong kong vs the singapore version. Laserflair selling the title don't know if its' singapore or Hong Kong set).

How can I differentiate which is Singaporean and which is Hong Kong?

Thanks in advance

the censorship of singapore and hong kong is difference. Normally Hong Kong version will be nearer to original version because the censorship here is quite tight. And of course, the quality is difference also, IMHO Hong Kong version generally is better.

There are only 2 licensed R3 version - HK IVL and Taiwan Buena Vista. You can differentiate them easily by the audio tracks, Cantonese for HK and Chinese for Taiwan. The one you find locally is most likely the HK R3.

There are only 2 licensed R3 version - HK IVL and Taiwan Buena Vista. You can differentiate them easily by the audio tracks, Cantonese for HK and Chinese for Taiwan. The one you find locally is most likely the HK R3.

I think Taiwan Buena Vista is better.

Actually Blue Max is selling the R1 version from the US now. So if the R1 version is available here, meaning that it is passed by the censors without any cuts, there is no reasons why the R3 versions should be censored at all. Anyway, it seems to me that the picture quality of the HK R3 version is very good.

Actually Blue Max is selling the R1 version from the US now. So if the R1 version is available here, meaning that it is passed by the censors without any cuts, there is no reasons why the R3 versions should be censored at all. Anyway, it seems to me that the picture quality of the HK R3 version is very good.

R1 Spirited Away... huh?

Guest Jerry

The R1 version of Spirited Away is not even released in the U.S. Are u sure u saw it correctly? ???

Impossible cos spirited away is hitting america cinemas in Sep.