IGNORED

Tube Amps Poll

Perouse

May be interesting to poll what kind of tube amps you guys are into. then maybe we can expend to see which is the most popular. Let's try, shall we?

Ok Seems like I cannot change the Poll. But let's do for Power amps and no space for others. Maybe, can lump them with "Local Made"

i think some "local made" brands like Diva and Zenn deserve to be listed individually. And of cos, there are brands like Jolida, AudioSpace, Pathos...

And also a "DIY" category too :)

I know but only allowed 8 brands what. How to have so many? Not Jolida definitely not too cheap lah. But limited to eight mah. So how? I use the more popular brands.

I thought the brands chosen are among the more popular ones except perhaps Rogue.

I know but only allowed 8 brands what. How to have so many? Not Jolida definitely not too cheap lah. But limited to eight mah. So how? I use the more popular brands.

I thought the brands chosen are among the more popular ones except perhaps Rogue.

just pulling your leg la..anyway jolida only have integrated..and yes there's def too many brands ard..maybe can further narrow the range to price as well (possible?)

I thought maybe I can start another poll with the brands not covered yet and call it Poll II eg but maybe moderator will delete it? What do u say, moderator?

Anyway, folks seem to prefer debating how the poll should be conducted then polling actually. So maybe won't work.

Guest joamonte

why do we just list out our tube amp brand and let Perouse do a conclusion every ....said.....10 replys? ;D

start with me if Perouse dont mind...

pre amp. Sonic Frontier,CAT

power amp. ARC ,Audion

thats all. :)

Err... how 'bout Sun Audio, Air Tight, Audio Reference, Mythos, Tri and other seemingly obscure brands that seem to pop up at a dime a dozen on every full moon? :P

CAn I suggest that classification be done by continents/country of origin AND have a separate breakdown on all brands per country of origin.

You can even list out the individual models per brand.

BUT that would've complicated a simple fast poll.

*sigh* no such thing as a free lunch. :(

I agree with you that there are many missing but if we are to start a few polls attempting to cover as many makes as possible, most of them will be left "unpolled" because there probably isn't enough users to make it meaningful. Hence, the idea of only polling the more popular (mainstream) brands. As you can see, even then, response has been far from enxcouraging with less than 10 votes. It may of course be that I've chosen the wrong makes but as far as I know, other then perhaps Rogue Audio, the others should be the brands that dominate the tube amp market.

Another and probably the more likely reason is that forumers here do not really care about such thing. In any case, starting other threads to poll other makes will likely be futile.