IGNORED

Who suffers from hifi upgrad-itis?

sigh .... everybody gets a bout now and then. I am on one now ... am on a buying spree for power cables and power conditioners. Just bought VDH Mainstream and got the PS Lab II and PS300 on order.

It gets a bit expensive, but heck .. that is part of the fun of audio, just make sure it doesnt happen too often !!!

not just hifi..but every other consumer product too.

there are also people who upgrade their computer parts frequently.

but the main deciding factor is $$$$. Money is the root of all evil..ahahah.. no money no talk.

For me, looking for a tonearm cable to upgrade the current VDH silver cables that come with my SMEV arm. Looking at either the Hovland or Nordost Quattrofil cable. Hope this will be my last upgrade this year. With increase in the cost of standard of living, hifi upgrade is becoming more difficult!!!

For me, looking for a tonearm cable to upgrade the current VDH silver cables that come with my SMEV arm. Looking at either the Hovland or Nordost Quattrofil cable. Hope this will be my last upgrade this year. With increase in the cost of standard of living, hifi upgrade is becoming more difficult!!!

note : .".....last upgrade this year" !!!

wow... and lots more years ahead! ;D ;D

Predicting the future is difficult especially with hifi upgrades. Somehow when I thought that I have enough of it, something new or good comes along and tempt me!!!

Hmm, interesting...then what is on all our short-term AND long-term 'hifi temptation list"? ::) ::)

Hahaha.. Tool stop making fun of Annapurna lar...

Good family man u noe.. kekekekee...

P.S. ~ I was oso laughing my way when I saw that "this year"

Phil

upgrade desire is most unbearable when you are not satisfy with your curret setup.

as long as you have a satisfactory setup, temptation will not be so great unless you see some good stuff that is much much cheaper than it should be and you think it is a rare opportunity to grab.

IMHO, of course there is also temptation from new release model but don't think that is so great as lot of old stuff are still better than new.

Hmm, interesting...then what is on all our short-term AND long-term 'hifi temptation list"? ::) ::)

Phil

haiya didn't mean it to be that way!! ;D ;D

most of us would have short and long term upgrade plans but just find that upgrading with each passing year is... impressive IMHO!

Subjective issue my man... maybe Annapurna short term is in term of a few weeks & long term is in term of a few months.. kekeke...

Phil

Phil

haiya didn't mean it to be that way!! ;D ;D

most of us would have short and long term upgrade plans but just find that upgrading with each passing year is... impressive IMHO!

I don't actually upgrade every year. In fact, most of my equipment is with me for at least 5 yrs or more before the next updrade. It just happens that all of them past their 5 yrs mark during the past 2 yrs and I upgrade them one after another. My previous Linn TT last me almost 16 yrs before I upgraded it. My Jadis pre/power amp, 7 yrs or more before the upgrade and the SF TPT/DAC, more than 5 yrs when I replaced it with my Marantz player.

[quote author=TOOL link=board=9;threadid=4798;start=15#38603 date=1027354854

try sports ;D

sex better, its free if u r married or attached, but be careful, sekarly accident problem man! ;D