IGNORED

Can CDR recording sound better than the original?

According to this AA thread, its possible.

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/digital/messages/47602.html

The Yammy CRW3200 has this unique Audio Master quality that burn the pitts 30% larger, allowing it to be read easier by your CD player. But the this also reduces the recording time too..

Yup yup... me got e above yammy... CDR cut using normal 70min r pretty close 2 e real thing.. juz that I personally feel that yammy has tempered /w e low freq as bass is a tad heavier compared 2 e orginal.

hil

Hi guys! If you want to get the best sound from cdrs and RWs, burn them at the slowest speed the burner can offer cos it sounds best at slow burning speeds. For cdrs, Kodak gold cdr sounds best for jazz and classical. For RW, samsung 74min sounds very impressive regardless all types of music. ;)

Guest duckling

I am using Plextor OEM 40-12-40, burn Audio CD quality not bad.

Ender, one day must do A/B comparison.

$247 with the SCSI adapter.. How much is yours?

I think abt $220+ w/o e adapter..

Plus.. I think there r some audio CDR 4 burning audio CDs.. hows those 4 quality?

Phil

The method for audio ripping is very important. I don't trust any ripper, other than EAC(Exact Audio Copy). My method for ripping an album is to use EAC to rip an uncompressed wave file with cue sheet onto the hard drive. To ensure consistency, I burn two copy of the same album and check if their CRC are matched. With EAC and a good CDRom drive, they ususally matched.

Then I'll use Nero 5.5.9.0 to burn with Audio Quality Management enabled.

So far tried on a Yamama brand 80 min CDR, with Pink Floyd - wish u were here and Iris Dement - Infamous ANgel. No difference with the original. Maybe my ear not so sensitive.

Thinking of tryig other brands. Heard some at other forums sweared by Mitsui Gold, Verbatim...etc...

wah.. Ender..i salute u for doing all that to make a copy!

as for me, i just use Nero and its wizards to do everything. all done in 5 minutes or so.

Guest duckling

wah.. Ender..i salute u for doing all that to make a copy!

as for me, i just use Nero and its wizards to do everything. all done in 5 minutes or so.

Same here... ;D

The method for audio ripping is very important. I don't trust any ripper, other than EAC(Exact Audio Copy). My method for ripping an album is to use EAC to rip an uncompressed wave file with cue sheet onto the hard drive. To ensure consistency, I burn two copy of the same album and check if their CRC are matched. With EAC and a good CDRom drive, they ususally matched.

Then I'll use Nero 5.5.9.0 to burn with Audio Quality Management enabled.

So far tried on a Yamama brand 80 min CDR, with Pink Floyd - wish u were here and Iris Dement - Infamous ANgel. No difference with the original. Maybe my ear not so sensitive.

Thinking of tryig other brands. Heard some at other forums sweared by Mitsui Gold, Verbatim...etc...

Too lazy 2 go that far out.. anyway.. I burn juz 4 e fun of it... I go 4 e original if its a good album..

I'm using Verbatim.. cheap & good.

Phil

Guest duckling

I usually D/L mp3 and burn them into Audio CDs for audition...if I like it, I'll buy the original. :)

I use Sony CD-R, cost $8 for 10 pieces.

Guest duckling

I usually D/L mp3 and burn them into Audio CDs for audition...if I like it, I'll buy the original. :)

I use Sony CD-R, cost $8 for 10 pieces.

Where leh?? PM me hor..

Phil

Phil, you can get it from SLS...the shop with Orange Signboard, placed lots of CD-R in front of the shop for sale...near escalator.