IGNORED

remaco Screen

Guest joamonte

seem like not many people know about its local brand screen manufacter..

http://www.remacotech.com/

http://www.remacotech.com/Compar.Remaco.PRO.OtherBrands.xls

someone use tis with Epson TW-100 in Singapore,dont know how it look....but since they caim that their "fabic are imported from USA"the"Matte White is with fibreglass coating",maybe they have same fabic suppiler with other USA brand and result should be the same i guess...

but i think u better ask them weather they can provide u screen with 4:3 or 16:9 aspet ratio black border on the screen,if u want to use it for HT...

regards :)

• 3 months later...

I am in Indonesia and they can import remaco screens here. I would like to know how the quality is and how much do they cost in Singapore. They quoted me here a price of 1050 US$ for a 52" x 92" electric screen.. I thought that was very expensive. Maybe it is better I buy it in Singapore directly...

Thanks,

erick otto

Joamonte, are you using HCCV screen from Da lite?

To Swan, if you are buying plain Matte White screen,you may also consider Da Lite, at least you know for sure it is a US product.

Draper screens are cheaper but not as good quality as Da Lite, eg. Da Lite MW has two black borders at the side, Draper does not.

When it comes to Matte White screens, there is hardly any difference in viewing quality.

Higher end screens from Stewart do make a difference in viewing quality, like rejecting ambient light and increasing contrast.

Guest joamonte

hi,

i am using a 2nd hand Draper 84" wide matte white motorise screen brought from CH YEOW.....will use it for the next one or two year b4 i am able to built a screen wall at my HT room(will consider buy the FireHawk~~if i still can earn profit from my busniess..... ;D)

FYI new Draper 84"motorise with 16:9 or 4:3 black border only selling around SGD$900....but have to wait for 3 or 4 week for it to arrived from the US.

Dalite motorise is $1.2 k 70"(84" i dont know,1.4K??) MW if i am not wrong....its casing workmanship is better then Draper from what i saw....

lasty,the selling point of remaco Screen is that it include a remote control for their motorise screen,for Dalite and Draper u need to pay extra for the remote.

:)

There won't be much difference in matt white screen fabric from any of the major screen makers. MW from Stewart, Draper, Da-lite, LAV or Remaco should all have the same PQ.

The only difference you are paying is the build quality. I'm using a Draper 84" screen, and the built quality (or lack of) doesn't really bother me.

I agree with joamonte that the selling point of Remaco is it includes a free IR remote control AND a up-down wired control box.

Remaco is cheap for these features thrown in. I'm not familiar with their build quality. But they are supposed to be cheaper than their USA counterparts.

Swan, I suggest checking the above entioned brands around the net and asking local screen dealers for price quotes. Motorised or not is up to you; of course it'll be better from a cool-factor point of view. ;D PQ will not differ widely.

Hi Kacang,

Sorry, but I was actually responding to Swan and Joamonte.

To reply to your post, please allow me 2 cents contribution.

Cool factor aside, it is way cool to have motorised screen, but since you did mention that budget was also a consideration, I humbly suggest you go for a better screen material, or save the money and go manual.

A motorised Stewart screen makes good sense, as owners in this league, tend to be 'money no object', so there is a snob appeal.

If you have budget constraints, just think, PQ through a better screen is much more worthwhile, as you spend hours enjoying and looking at a high quality screen and also the fact that it is improving your PJ's performance.

The motorised function is only enjoyed for about 5 seconds before and after the movie, so the utility of that function is very minimal.

So if you have tight budget, go for better screen quality and manual function, or budget screen and manual function and save money.

If you are looking at Matte White, as Jag has pointed out, they are basically the same, but I did notice that Da lite has small black borders at the sides and the cheaper Draper does not. The small black side borders, allow you to better 'trim' your projection picture to fit the screen better. So look out for these when choosing your Remaco.

Joamonte, thanks for your reply, BTW I was quoted $4xxx for the 84" wide tensioned mounted HCCV and the agents said that HCCV is only good for cheap and lousy projectors? Ha Ha

Time to upgrade.

Black borders are quite important, but not important enough to limit the choices of screens to consider.

Quite often, borders can be made to order. Just ask for the borders before purchase. Sometimes, you could even specify the width of the borders on all 4 sides.

Or if budget limits, there are matt black sticker tape selling here cheaply. They are like scotch-tape but matt black in colour. Comes in 1", 2", 3" widths. Just stick on to your hearts desire. ;D If you look around, ther are even better options, like velvet sticky tapes.

I just got a manual Dalite 84x84 Matt White screen and the build quality is quite good.

Just take note when you r mounting it, the screen edge is 1 inch away from the edge of the casing, and there's another black 1 inch border at the edge of the screen!!! So total of 1.5 to 2 inch from casing to actual viewing area :)

I agree with Jag, if the material you're getting is going to be matt white, they probably look the same among the different manufacturers. SO why pay premium for Stewart if it's going to be matt white? Unless you're getting their special material like studiotek (for crt) or firehawk (for LCD) than maybe it's justifiable.

Personally I don't like the roller type be it manual or motorised. Bound to have uneven surface over time. For movies, I'll prefer fixed screen where all sides are tensioned.

joamonte, those prices seem very good.. I am interested. As I am in Indonesia it is difficult to check in singapore.. Like you I am getting the epson tw100 next week... I am building my own (avsforum) screen with blackout cloth for now.. only spend 16US$ for the material. But I need a 52" x 92" screen... WOW factor.. and that is also sorta the sweet spot in distance of the projector for me.. and ofcourse the size of the blackout comes in 140 cm tall... Anyway I think when having a motorized screen it should be tensioned. otherwise (from what I read) after a while you start seeing cringles.. (what ever you call them) So if anyone has info on a motorized screen 52" x 92 tensioned, for a good price. Draper da-lite whatever I will certainly consider it.. Keep the info coming guys...

I appreciate it...

Erick

Guest joamonte

kacang,

have you already order your TW-100?

if not maybe u can wait til Dec for the new version,TW-100H..

it got a new LCD panel with higher CR(800:1) then the old one(600:1)....and the price should be about the same,so only if u can wait...

BTW FYI the remaco Screen ,if u directly brought from the manufactuer ,a 84" motorise one will be more then $1.3K,they told me if order from their dealer will be cheaper...

lastly,for tension motorise screen the cheaper one (draper) will cost u more then SGD$3K....1/2 of ur TW-100 price,not really worth IMO,because not matter how it will still have wave on the surface since we live in SEA that are hot and wet...on the other hand,motorise screen without tension as long as u roll up everytime after watching should be good enough not to get out of shape too soon.

regards

joamonte, yes I have it coming next week, its been on order for 4 weeks.. I am getting a loaner from epson since delivery is too late, 29 oktober. (We have a red light situation at the moment) that means there are custom problems etc etc..

Maybe you are right about the tensioned... So if I select a motorized what would you suggest based on price. I need a 106" diag, whcih is 52" * 92" and I need about 30 cm black on the top to roll it down to one meter for the bottom part of the screen.. I know the da-lite seems very good with the cinema material... maybe you are some one else could get me a price and dealer in Singapore.. The remaco seems to be the cheapest with motorized.. But I haven't seen anyone review it...

Erick

Guest joamonte

actually its inside the link at above post.....

Company : Remaco Technologies Pte Ltd

Address : 27 Woodlands Industrial Park E1, #01-04 Hiang Kie Industrial Building, Singapore 757718

Tel : (65) 6366-9266

Fax : (65) 6366-9270

E-mail : remaco@remacotech.com

ask them about the official dealer in Indonesia,maybe cheaper then u buy direct from Singapore...who know.. ::)

and same for Dalite and Draper...Email them and u can get all info u need...

Joamonte, thanks again for all the replies. I did check remaco website a while back and actually I tried to send an info request but it kept failing on the website...

I also contacted dalite in the us and have got a good price via turk on the avsforum, from the states. What I am really looking for is singapore based dealers. Since I can arrange shipping from singapore easily. So if you know some stores with good prices on screens, please let me have them.. he he he

Now we are talking what DVD player are you using. I know have a sony DVP-s7700 and a samsung 618K (for RCE disks and mp3) but I want to get a progressive scan dvd player. I was thinking about the Denon dvd1600 , but that does not seem to have progressive in Asia and europe (US does) So it will be either the panny Rp82 or panny RP91 or the philips Q50.. Any other suggestions..

PS I like your..... other hobby.. who is she ?

PPS you can reply via PM if you want..

Erick

kacang@cbn.net.id