IGNORED

check this out... 2nd hand rega

Guest silklee

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest duckling

Haha.. I think its Duckling clearing his stuffs, Rega and his Triangle Titus. All for $2.5K.

Yes, that's me clearing my stuff...making way for better setup. There are more to clear but one step at a time. ;)

Guest duckling

just when your setup improves alot in your living hall, you're selling?

Ducky.. how much u wanna sell ya Mira 2K?? Maybe my fren might wanna try it...

Hes looking 4 a amp 2 match his SF Concentino.

Phil

Mira 2K @ $950. :)

Guest duckling

chey... so its u.. i thot who.. ;D

my friend might be interested in the planet 2000. will let you know.

Hi Silk,

The planet 2K is a very good player - will only let go if I am able to sell the Mira 2K.

Thanks for the help.

Hope I am able to get rid of my HiFi setup. :)

Guest duckling

just when your setup improves alot in your living hall, you're selling?

I am going to fully concentrate on my HTS. ;D

Yes, that's me clearing my stuff...making way for better setup. There are more to clear but one step at a time. ;)

Just wondering.. how come u din advertise here under the Sales section as well? Also saw Silk selling DVDs in HWZ but also din advertise here..

Our Sales Section so poor response meh? Support it mah.. ;)

Guest duckling

Can mira match well with concertino?

It's abt 6 - 7 mths old - still under warranty. I am not sure but you're welcome to bring ur speakers along for audition.

Guest duckling

Just wondering.. how come u din advertise here under the Sales section as well? Also saw Silk selling DVDs in HWZ but also din advertise here..

Our Sales Section so poor response meh? Support it mah.. ;)

To get greater exposure to my ad, since the members here already knows abt SingNet Class. :)

Guest jonlee

hehehe...ongus will definitely tell u...

it's a waste of time to match SF with solid state. get a tube....

Hes looking 4 a amp 2 match his SF Concentino.

Can mira match well with concertino?

duckling, how old is your mira? Is the price neg?

hehehe...ongus will definitely tell u...

it's a waste of time to match SF with solid state. get a tube....

Done that already and he knows the answer. But he is not interested in tubes so he wants some confirmation that Concertino and solid state amps work well before getting a solid state amp.

How does our confirmation help?

1. if we say "can", is he going for it? If it does not satisfy him, then who is he going to 'blame'?

2. if we say "cannot", does it really mean "cannot"? For all you know, you can even strip the speakers from the minicompo and hook up the SF speakers and sound still come out!

3. If an someone had said tube amps sound better with then, as compared to SS amps based on experience, but he insist on using an SS amp, yet kept asking whether the SS amp would drive the spkrs well, where's the logic here?

4. Then again, Concertino users may be using a different amp as our friend intend to here, and in a different room. So who's to say he can't use it?

For goodness' sake take the Mira 2k home for a home trial, or if not possible, just take the plunge and buy the amp to try. All this "shooting in the dark" is not going to help anyone.

Just my opinions.

hahahaha... let me be his spokeman.. my fren is pretty "post shy"!! :o

I got 1 heck of a time persuading him 2 post down here..

Hes not goin 4 tube becos hes a newbie... & hope 2 try from bottom up.. I think he feels that tube is too fast 4 him.. esp when his 1st proper amp is a SS.. NAD C320. entry stuff..

Dun worry.. hes not goin 2 sue u ppl 4 giving him advice.. he juz need some opinion.. thats all.. Errr.. I think hes not asking whether SS is gd 4 his SF.. more like whether someone has tried a particular make of SS.. matching 2 be exact.

Oh ya.. mentioned abt home trial 2 him b4.. hahaaha.. prob is hes gonna listen 2 "free" music pretty soon.. his wife due soon lar... so on high alert now..

Phil

Sama sama with brand X amp or brand Y amp or.. you get the drift.

In my opinion, home trial, buy to try, or or listen to another Concertino user's system (not so good because room different), are the options.

The 'free' music - the 'amp' and 'speakers' confirm 'matching' one!

Yes.. yes... I oredi warn him thats 4 reference oni.. too many variable...

Hah?? Dun get wat u mean by that 3rd para...

Phil

Tube amps can be "beginner-friendly" too. My very first amp is a 2nd-hand tube amp (Jolida 502a).

And I bought it without doing ANY homework except to listen to it for 30min at Advance Acoustic (which has since closed shop).

Guest joamonte

Tube amps can be "beginner-friendly" too. My very first amp is a 2nd-hand tube amp (Jolida 502a).

And I bought it without doing ANY homework except to listen to it for 30min at Advance Acoustic (which has since closed shop).

agree....in fact tube amp circuit are much more simple then transister amp so when there is problem it is easiler to solve... :)

yup.. nearly everything is easily replaceable... it's just a big bunch of wires,resistors,caps,trannies and bits and pieces of electronics knick knacks.

agree....in fact tube amp circuit are much more simple then transister amp so when there is problem it is easiler to solve... :)

Quite surprise this thread of Rega become thread of tube with concertino. Hope silk or duckling won't mind about it ;)

In fact I believe what ongus advise is correct as few ppl who own concertino before give the same comments.

Personally I prefer tube than ss and that should be my ultimate setup as I still have the mentality that tube can produce the music nearer to original and is more natural.

Hope I won't get bombardment from those ss fan :P

Now the qns is, how to prove that and how to appreciate a tube setup??? IMHO give a try with ss first, experience what it can produce. Of course, we shouldn't try an entry or lousy match ss setup and conclude that ss is not as good as tube. Hence resulted me hunting for a suitable ss amp for the concertino.

As a newbie to this expensive hobby, asking those experience ppl of course will be a better way to gain more knowledge besides just reading reviews from mag/website. The other best way is like what tool said...gives it a try...provided all conditions are matched ;D

Quite surprise this thread of Rega become thread of tube with concertino. Hope silk or duckling won't mind about it ;)

In fact I believe what ongus advise is correct as few ppl who own concertino before give the same comments.

Personally I prefer tube than ss and that should be my ultimate setup as I still have the mentality that tube can produce the music nearer to original and is more natural.

Hope I won't get bombardment from those ss fan :P

Now the qns is, how to prove that and how to appreciate a tube setup??? IMHO give a try with ss first, experience what it can produce. Of course, we shouldn't try an entry or lousy match ss setup and conclude that ss is not as good as tube. Hence resulted me hunting for a suitable ss amp for the concertino.

As a newbie to this expensive hobby, asking those experience ppl of course will be a better way to gain more knowledge besides just reading reviews from mag/website. The other best way is like what tool said...gives it a try...provided all conditions are matched ;D

Well, try the Plinius range at High-End Research. They are supposed to be tube-like in character, and the boss there thinks it's a good match.

This is easy. Borrow the best ss amp you can find out there and I will bring over my integrated tube amp for an A/B session.

Last heard how a pair of Electa Amator sound so much better with a $6k tube integrated amp than with a $9k ss pre/power amp in the same set up except for a change in the amp. Not the fault of the amps but a complementary issue. What amp does the EA user use? A $2k receiver. Well, that's his prerogative and he knows the combination sounds bad but cares more for looks than for sound. What can I say?

Last heard how a pair of Electa Amator sound so much better with a $6k tube integrated amp than with a $9k ss pre/power amp in the same set up except for a change in the amp.

Man.. u guys got a "gold moutain" or a money template...

$6K tube amp... $9K ss pre/power... Electra... wah lau... we r tokking abt 5 figures setup again... ;D

Phil

Guest joamonte

This is easy. Borrow the best ss amp you can find out there and I will bring over my integrated tube amp for an A/B session.

ture....if buy SS amp 1st without compare it with tube amp...then he will keep thinking/wondering of how the tube amp's sound....end out within 1/2 years he might spend more $ to get/upgrade into a tube amp... ;D

so make a compare between a tube and a SS amp 1st for beginer IMO....never asume everyone will like tube amp sound.. :)