IGNORED

Atlas HI-FI Package on the InFocus LS110

Just came from the Atlas Showroom. They are offering the Infocus LS110( DLP Projector) together with the Life Style 30 Series II Surround System, Philips Q50 Progressive Scan DVD player, Free mounting and insulation, 3x RGB cable, 1x1 composite cable and Brackets for their tiny jewel speakers x 5. Thee total package cost $13,800. Prive excludes screen.

What do you guys think of this?

Any input is appreciated.

Guest duckling

Forget abt BOSE system if you're looking for true quality sound cos' they're only great for their looks.

Just came from the Atlas Showroom. They are offering the Infocus LS110( DLP Projector) together with the Life Style 30 Series II Surround System,

Hi Swan, did you get to see the LS110 in action?

If so, what did you think of the picture quality?

It's good but frankly I am not sure whether it is worth the $8,888 that Atlas is asking for.

But then the bundle is rather attractive.

Granted, the bose setup is pricey$$$.

But, what alternatives are there.

Perhaps someone can suggest a similar setup with a comparable pq quality .

When they played Vertical Limit, the snows were all peaked into white sheets. Perhaps it is set too hot, in order to get a bright and contrasty picture.

A lovely projector should produce the subtle details. But again, I am very fussy.

Good points are: It is sharp, and bright. The blacks excellent.

The throw distance is far if you go for a bigger screen size.

CH Yeow

A lovely projector should produce the subtle details. But again, I am very fussy.

CH Yeow

CH,

Fussy is good. In fact, consumers should not settle for anything less than a great picture quality from a projector.

Dennis

Agree, peak whites are quite a big issue, it is irritating.

I remember addressing this issue with CH Yeow on this with my PJ and cables.

I have managed to control this somewhat now, by reducing contrast to factory default settings and playing orginal DVDs and not DVD-9s :-)