IGNORED

1 of my whalfedale gone liao :(

1 of my 8.1 gone case liao. the woofer like kena struck and cant move at all... when u try using your hand to push or pull it, it's like something rubbing against it inside...so when u try to play music the woofer cant move freely

i think is last nite when my father paint the ceiling he go and shifted it and maybe he knocked into it... tommorow i'm going to call them and see if can send for warranty

fyi, i got 2 pairs of 8.1, so now i have to run 6.1 instead :(

sent the spoilt side to servicing at sls today. the person tell me that most likely is overloaded and my amp could be spoil, but then i already replaced with another speaker so not my amp. :crossfinger:

Hey Quekky:

Were u playing very loud?

Suggest you get an SPL meter and calibrate all levels properly, you may be overdriving your speakers w/o knowing it.

IM me if u need help.

HT ;)

sent the spoilt side to servicing at sls today. the person tell me that most likely is overloaded and my amp could be spoil, but then i already replaced with another speaker so not my amp. :crossfinger:

Just curious. Were you the bespectacled guy, height about 1.6-1.7m carrying this Maple colored 8.1 into this shop in SLS??

Hey Quekky:

Were u playing very loud?

Suggest you get an SPL meter and calibrate all levels properly, you may be overdriving your speakers w/o knowing it.

IM me if u need help.

HT ;)

nope, wasn't very loud. i had calibrated b4 and this sunday when jag came over with his spl meter, i just find that this channel no noise. max is 106db for thx standard, so i think it cant be overdrive. anyway i use as surround speaker so even if overdrive the front will go 1st

I think the speaker was just a fluke. Tough luck I guess. :P

But there is a chance of overdriving, since you set your speaker to run as LARGE.

So perhaps strong bass caused the damage to the cone, while the tweeter stayed intact.

But if the 8.1 is supposed to handle well, then that spoilt fella was just a fluke. Nonetheless, great stuff!